Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bought a Q3200 in Switzerland and now I'm in UK. Gas issue  (Read 1323 times)

Weber_in_CH

• Happy Cooker
Bought a Q3200 in Switzerland and now I'm in UK. Gas issue
« on: July 08, 2018, 09:49:27 AM »
Hi, I bought my Q3200 in Zurich, Switzerland and loved using it for a while. Relocated to Hertfordshire (Hatfield), north of London and tried to get patio gas and found it didn't fit.

Weber emailed the following:

"I am afraid it is not possible to use your Weber gas grill purchased from Switzerland in the UK. This is because there are different gas pressures in different countries and the grills are safety tested for use in the country of purchase, so taking the grill out of the country will make the warranty void unfortunately.

We are strongly against using any alternatives as we cannot guarantee your safety when using the grill so I would not be able to recommend anything for you.

I can only suggest speaking to a gas engineer who can advise you more.
"

Do I have any options ?   The heatwave and no grilling  :-\

Thanks a lot.
D

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bought a Q3200 in Switzerland and now I'm in UK. Gas issue
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »
It didn’t FIT or it didn’t WORK good?
Is it a gas hook up problem or burning problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 01:07:02 PM »
Looks like the perfect opportunity to get into charcoal grilling. No compatibility issues [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 01:37:06 PM »
Looks like the perfect opportunity to get into charcoal grilling. No compatibility issues [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

This all day long!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »
You can purchase the UK regulator and assembly and retrofit it to your grill. Weber will not sell it to you but you can purchase it from a 3rd party. I retrofitted a german Q with a USA regulator and it worked just fine.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Weber_in_CH

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 01:38:14 AM »
It didn’t FIT or it didn’t WORK good?
Is it a gas hook up problem or burning problem?

I connecting a blue butane bottle ok and it seems to fit but was empty. The recommendation was patio gas so I swapped out. Patio (green bottles in UK) didn't fit. Weber advised don't proceed. I thought I would ask the real experts :-)

Weber_in_CH

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 01:39:02 AM »
Charcoal ..... I just got rid of a charcoal grill as I prefer less mess. I agree the taste is the best though !

Weber_in_CH

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 01:45:53 AM »
You can purchase the UK regulator and assembly and retrofit it to your grill. Weber will not sell it to you but you can purchase it from a 3rd party. I retrofitted a german Q with a USA regulator and it worked just fine.

That sounds interesting.
I must admit I'm definitely not the handyman type or know anything about gas.  On ebay I've searched weber gas regulators and found a bunch of hits like this one.   Would this likely do the job ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IGT-37mbar-PROPANE-GAS-REGULATOR-CONVERSION-KIT-FOR-MOST-WEBER-Q-LP-MODELS/152671900936?epid=1374613529&hash=item238bf45508:g:BNEAAOSwbsBXqFSu

Thank you.
D

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Bought a Q3200 in Switzerland and now I'm in UK. Gas issue
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 01:48:23 AM »
I’m NOT an expert but just trying to help.
I would say to get a regulator at a camping store and any other parts you might need to make the hook up ( new hose, clamps.. )
Use a regulator that closely matches the specs on the grill as far as pressure and Flow rate.
Make sure it matches the tank you plan on using!
If all else fails you could go to a Weber dealer in U.K. and just get a replacement regulator / hose set.. but this might cost more than at the camping shop.
If that fails.. just get a Master Touch and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:34:14 AM by vwengguy »