Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hello from Illinois  (Read 772 times)

fstepina

• Happy Cooker
Hello from Illinois
« on: July 04, 2018, 08:30:38 AM »
I was looking for repair suggestions for my old kettle this morning and came across this forum. It looks like the community has lots of great information! I was able to date the kettle I have from the Age Guide rather quickly. I have 3 Weber’s; an old gas for quick hot dog grilling and 2 kettles. From the Age Guide, it looks like my oldest one is from 64-68. I also have a OneTouch from ‘05. I use all three grills throughout the year; rain and snow don’t keep me away from the grills!  Sadly, the handle on my old kettle gave out this morning and came off in my hand so that one will be on the Sideline until I can fix it.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hello from Illinois
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »
Welcome from Doraville Ga. check out here for some replacement handles www.grillhandle.com made by one of the founding members
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

fstepina

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »
Thanks. I checked that out earlier. Unfortunately I need to reattach the the old handle too. I don’t have any welding equipment so I would need some other alternatives.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:29:13 PM »
Hello and welcome to the WKC from Eugene, Oregon.   Reattach your existing handle with a couple of stainless steel bolts/nuts and washers (on the inside of the lid).

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".