Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Howdy y'all!  (Read 980 times)

22rifle

• Happy Cooker
Howdy y'all!
« on: June 25, 2018, 06:46:55 AM »
Can't believe I didn't know about this place until a few days ago.  I've been cooking on a Kettle for about 10 years now.  Well, a little less when you consider the brief period of time I got rid of my first Kettle after being gifted a Big Green Egg by my bosses.  That lasted about a year.  I still have and use and love the Egg, but I bought a red Kettle at a yard sale (the one with all metal handles).  I ended up gifting that to a friend who appreciated it for what it was and bought a new 22" Premium.   

Somewhere along the way I bought a Smokey Joe for a lightweight replacement for the Heavy Lodge Cast Iron Hibachi grill I sold to my brother.  I built a sweet box to transport it in. 

https://imgur.com/a/VZ9AstA

Saturday I picked up a new 22" Master-Touch and an almost new Smokey Joe.  The Smokey Joe was $4 at a yard sale, leaving me no option but to buy it.  I might keep it for more space when I am camping or tailgating.  I thought about buying a Jumbo Joe to replace the Smokey Joe, but when I travel, I want the Smokey Joe, so for $4, I'll just have two.

I have a silicone grommet on the way so I am going to at that to the Master-Touch for my Smoke Thermometer leads.  I have too many Thermapens around here (I think I just realized why I am broke.) and I keep a couple Thermapops on hand to gift to friends who I believe will use and appreciate them.  I am kind of proud of the fact that I have several friends whose grilling and BBQing went up serveral levels after I taught them about thermometers and how to use them. 

I do have a portable Weber Q1200 gas grill.  Please don't shoot me.  I thought a portable gas grill might be better for when I travel, but i used it once and didn't like it.  My wife wants me to give it a longer trial so I might do that. 

I recently moved to central Ohio from North Texas.  It's been an adjustment.  The food and BBQ culture is very different up here.  The food culture of Texas is probably the thing I miss the most. 

Before I left Texas I picked up a firepit grill from Circle J Firepits in Fort Worth.  Like this:

https://imgur.com/a/uTqRa65

Anyways, I won't live on here, and I am not as "sick" as some of you guys with your insane collections, but I look forward to popping in now and then. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:52:05 AM by 22rifle »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Howdy y'all!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 06:54:06 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga you will like it here. One big happy family grillin together
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

22rifle

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 07:02:23 AM »
Sorry about the links for the pictures.  I tried using the image tags but it was just blank.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 07:07:01 AM »
Welcome!! I actually “met” this guy when he inquired about my OTP for sale on FBM [emoji23]

That box is sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

FuzzyMan88

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 07:30:06 AM »
Hello and welcome form Northern Kentucky!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 07:41:45 AM »
Welcome from central Ohio!
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 08:01:19 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.