Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just wings  (Read 1028 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Just wings
« on: June 23, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »
Chicken wings cooked direct on the stacker. Marinated 24 hours with soy sauce, lime, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, black pepper, salt, garlic, bay leaves, diced pineapple along with the juice, black pepper and red pepper flakes.

Charcoal grate to food grate at approximately 23".

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Just wings
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 08:50:02 PM »

Damn, those wings look a tad on the large size .... I am liking the looks of 'em.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Just wings
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 04:13:36 AM »
The marinade sounds good. Did you go direct or use your deflector. Going direct at a height is my favorite way to do chicken.

Now I want wings for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Just wings
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 08:55:38 AM »
The marinade sounds good. Did you go direct or use your deflector. Going direct at a height is my favorite way to do chicken.

Wings were cooked using the center portion of the charcoal basket along with the diffuser.  The diffuser is unnecessary but it will require the coals to be evenly spread out throughout the charcoal grate to create a one zone cooking surface as you don't want to be moving and turning all the little pieces of chicken. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:09:45 PM by Jules V. »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Just wings
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »

Wings were cooked using the center portion of the charcoal basket along with the diffuser.  The diffuser is unnecessary but it will require the coals to be evenly spread out throughout the charcoal grate to create a one zone cooking surface as you don't want to be moving and turning all the little pieces of chicken. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:11:04 PM by Jules V. »