Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shameless plug for real estate sale in O'Fallon, MO and a grilling question ...  (Read 1656 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
My dad's selling his villa in O'Fallon, MO. If you know anyone in the market in that area ... click! https://view.paradym.com/applets/flashviewer2/viewer.asp?t=4204208&sk=200&prt=10007

(Sorry, but that link appears to use Flash if not on mobile?)

It has a small deck right off the living room, back of the villa. The kitchen and dining area is with the living room (it's an open plan). We never set him up with a grill on that deck because you'd have to traipse through the living/seating area but mostly because he has a table and chairs out on the deck, and likes that instead ... no room for grilling. The basement has a walkout to a cement pad, but who's gonna walk all the way down there to grill? We never considered it. We always grilled from the garage/driveway instead. A small walk to the kitchen.

He's moving to another villa in O'Fallon with some similarities in the layout. Small deck closer to kitchen; he'll probably want his table out there again ... and the basement walkout is again a long walk to the kitchen AND the new villa doesn't even have a wet bar/fridge like his current place has.

I know this is all "first world problems yada yada" but I'm a usability guy at heart and would like to avoid grilling from the garage again. So I'm considering finding him a smaller table (2-chair café style, since 4 people would rarely sit out there) if he'd go for that.

I think his Performer deserves to be on the deck now. It's closer to the kitchen, so more usable, and the deck would be more of a gathering place than the deck at his existing place EVER was if there was a grill also on it.

I wouldn't attempt to additionally fit the 26 and WSM on the deck he's storing ...
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
You should be able to find a nice vintage WOODARD 3 piece bistro set in chantilly rose pattern for under $ 600 perfect for what you're lookin for LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Or one of those round tables with the grill in the center.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Perfect just add another 6 to the front for your acquisition cost, and then go to the thread about the most you ever paid for a grill LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill