Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I have to say, this is my favorite section of WKC  (Read 1141 times)

bluewhisper

• WKC Brave
    • Alex Šilbajoris
I have to say, this is my favorite section of WKC
« on: May 19, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »
I really enjoy seeing how all you folks tinker with your kettles. I've just started to play with mine, a 1990 22". I've already made s set of short legs for it, and that went well, but just for shigiggles I think I'll try to make a tall version.

I wish I had metalworking equipment to fabricate something like a charcoal basket. Man I miss my junior high school metal shop. If I had that equipment at hand I would be banging out portable grills.

Anyway, just saying Hi and keep the sparks flying.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I have to say, this is my favorite section of WKC
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 07:34:00 AM »

... I wish I had metalworking equipment to fabricate something like a charcoal basket. ...

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/a-bigger-better-basket-case/msg285107/#msg285107

All it takes is $15 for the pair of baskets, a drill and some nuts/bolts.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch