Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: On an SSP, what's the piece that comes after the regulator but before the hose?  (Read 1026 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Looks like it has a little lever on it and such.

I don't see anything that looks like it on my gassers or the later-generation Performers?

Bonus question, will one Performer's regulator, SSP or the later style, run two Performer burners? Or would I need a regulator from a gasser? Asking for a friend.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

varekai

• WKC Ranger
That lever is a shut of valve... and 2 burners should be fine... imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Interesting, thanks! Makes me wonder if the early non-OPD tanks had trouble shutting off sometimes, since the tank valve would already be right there.

(I do realize that OPD brought upon the ability of the tank to stop gas flow when nothing was connected to it.)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

jaynik

• WKC Brave
My tank valve doesn't shut off, so the in-line valve is what separates gas from air.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Its a Flame adjuster valve and is not intended to be a shut-off. The owners manual says to always turn it off at the LP tank valve.

The regulator is set at the factory for 10.5 feet of water column (pressure)....which means it goes pssssssss when the valve is turned on. But I think it'll run two burners since it takes a while for it to stop going pssssssss after the gas is turned off.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Its a Flame adjuster valve and is not intended to be a shut-off. The owners manual says to always turn it off at the LP tank valve.

Correct. This valve will adjust the flame. It can really dial in the flame quality.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador

Correct. This valve will adjust the flame. It can really dial in the flame quality.

Then how come I don't see it on the two Gen 3's I have here? Their regulators are different, is there a tiny set screw on it somewhere that does the same thing?

FWIW I just put a brand new burner on the end of my old SSP hose and the flame is OK but not quite as big as I remember with the old burner. And this, despite scrubbing the oriface surface some. But maybe that was because part of the old burner tube was "missing" at the tip ...

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
I’ve needed to clean out the opening in the orifice to improve performance. Using a sewing needle or similar.

I don’t know about any perfs other than SSP. Have not had. G2 or G3 or G4 yet. I’d consider a G2 but not 3 or 4.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:55:49 AM by ClubChapin »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
I’ve needed to clean out the opening in the orifice to improve performance. Using a sewing needle or similar.

I don’t know about any perfs other than SSP. Have not had. G2 or G3 or G4 yet. I’d consider a G2 bot not 3 or 4.
Gen3 and gen4 are ok... for parts. 

tomweber731

• Smokey Joe
I am looking for one of these regulator and hose assemblies. My hose is corroding. Can the hose be repaired? Where would I go to have it done?

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
Call Weber.
Best to get the proper part for your
particular Performer.

Or check with Grillparts.com

http://www.grillparts.com/weber/weber-performer-grill-parts.asp?product_id=74237

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
I am looking for one of these regulator and hose assemblies. My hose is corroding. Can the hose be repaired? Where would I go to have it done?

I picked up one of these for ~$58 from Weber CS.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/hose-and-regulator-assembly-p-1477479.html

This is for the 5 gal refillable tank.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador

Thanks Tom, I did not realize from your earlier thread that the HOSE itself was bad. The other suggestions for finding a place that can piece together the parts might be more cost effective. But no you do not want to "patch" a gas line hose.

As I'm sure you're now aware, the complete assembly from Weber is expensive, but what ClubChapin posted is likely the cheapest. The others are for 2005-later and won't match to your LP tank without an adapter and some rejiggering.