Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 8 Best Grills For 2018!!  (Read 977 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 8 Best Grills For 2018!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:57:21 PM »
Well, that just told me that USA Today isn't a grilling authority. Their criteria consists of mostly lower-cost products they happened to consider (and by what methods? Usage?) and whatever Amazon deigned worthy by sales rank.

Meh.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:07:13 PM »
Well, that just told me that USA Today isn't a grilling authority. Their criteria consists of mostly lower-cost products they happened to consider (and by what methods? Usage?) and whatever Amazon deigned worthy by sales rank.

Meh.
Yeah not the best article but weber got 3 out of the 8, that's gotta be worth something! [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:32:56 PM »
Yes, it keeps the brand on folks' radar.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »
Seriously?

The Weber brand got 3 of 8. That's not bad at all for charcoal grills. So most people need to sit down and chill ;)

I think lists are a "thing" now and most of the time they are pretty useless. However, this one isn't too bad from a grilling perspective. The choice between gas and charcoal for 90% of people is a coin-flip. I've had both. I've enjoyed both. I'm on the charcoal side now for sure...but have done excellent work on gassers. Do you think they'd put a Yoder or Lang on this list? Nope. Come on guys, you need to come back to Earth. Most people that grill like quickly prepared food (gas). Other's preferred charcoal flavored food...and they aren't nerds (we are).

I've hankered for a Blackstone longer than I've wanted a newer charcoal kettle...that's for damn sure. And; I'd take a BGE in a heartbeat if given the deal.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 06:49:05 AM »
My point was that USA Today didn't promote is as a "best brands" article. I can think of several Weber GRILLS that are "best" (meaning, better ... ) than what they picked.

And so can you, Mike. :)

I'm chilled. Seriously.

Tionoel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 06:43:35 PM »
Weber is best value for sure.