Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Nazi (What's a Brother To Do?)  (Read 4788 times)

Jake

• Smokey Joe
Charcoal Nazi (What's a Brother To Do?)
« on: May 11, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »
This crazy bitch harassed these guys and gals for two hours! They had their Weber primed and ready to go the whole time. The police were ok with the grilling, even after she was all scared and crying. I suppose two hours of being in fear for her life took it's toll by the ned there. Nothing 'crocodile' about those tears.

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/2077769538982756/?hc_ref=ARRtGix8l5U07CTQxtCHLp_BayIAse_OpyKReNQX4aAUvjQo40VcFbdfcrIYv9B-ktQ&fref=gs&dti=46998742862&hc_location=group

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Charcoal Nazi (What's a Brother To Do?)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:53:51 AM »
Lets not get political

what a crazy situation. Glad the griller was able to accomplish his mission.
If anyone can get me his name and address I'd love to send him wome WKC shwag.

Jake

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
Troy I wasn't getting political. The video is at mostly sites that could be deemed political, but that is not acknowledged by me in my post. I don't see grilling as a political activity anyway. And racism? Well, I don't see racism as political either though if somebody is OK with racism then they are not a friend of mine.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 01:46:33 PM »
It’s too bad whenever racism is interpreted as “political.” It diminishes both, by inviting opinion where none applies.

I’d seen maybe half of the video this morning, and really wonder if the white chick MAKING the video didn’t make the situation worse.

And yeah, the gal on the phone felt conveniently scared the moment the cops showed up. “Teh tears,” as with the “struggle,” are sooooo real for her.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
I don’t see this as a political video either even though it’s tied to a political site. That white lady has some mental problems trying to stop someone from a bbq for 2 hours. That’s crazy. She’s either racist or an environmental nazi and doesn’t like charcoal or neither and she’s just crazy. Either way she has a little too much time on her hands and I’m glad the other lady stood up for the bbq people and gave her a hard time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 03:58:05 PM »
would have been a better finish if the cop slammed his door with her head in the way...
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »
I cannot believe someone would get so worked up about someone getting ready to use a charcoal barbecue. Honestly, this lady needs to grow up.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 05:52:02 PM »
And so this happened! :)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cookout-after-cops-called-over-black-bbq_us_5af86368e4b00d7e4c1b9caf

"Oaklanders" came back with more positive action this past weekend.  This time hundreds of folks showed up to have a day of celebration rather than protest or demonstrate. 

https://sf.eater.com/2018/5/21/17378212/oakland-lake-merritt-black-barbecue-911-bbq-call

Today (5/23/18), Kenzie Smith, the man who "Barbecue Beckcy" called the Oakland Police on for BBQing at Lake Merritt,  has been nominated to serve on The Oakland Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee.

http://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/man-in-oakland-bbq-fiasco-nominated-for-oakland-parks-and-rec-position/1195241997

He was seen running around after this weekends event with a huge metal garbage can for folks BBQing to dump their hot coals in.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:54:27 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 06:48:02 PM »
The cop almost hits her head with his car door. Hahaha. She obviously never ate food cooked off a weber!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 06:57:30 PM »
Thanks for the update, Jim. That's awesome.

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 07:04:14 PM »
My family is mixed, this has been a reality for me all my life. My advice is to just forget it, the damage is to her reputation not the community. The more we advertise stuff like this the more others try it. Since the 50s we have advanced so far it is sad this still happened in 2018, the more we interact the less it will. God Bless those who stood up.
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 07:21:52 PM »
Strange that any of this would be interpreted here as "advertising," by the video maker nor the video sharers.