Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mark Your Calendars July 28th Northeast Meetup  (Read 11465 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Mark Your Calendars July 28th Northeast Meetup
« on: May 04, 2018, 08:59:36 AM »
We're going to get down and get funky at my crib in Gloucester MA Saturday July 28th. @JEBIV is going to be up from the ATL and we're pretty much planning around him because he's the man.

Gloucester is a great town. Lots to do especially in the summer. Will be planning a cigar/rum Schooner sail for probably Friday night. BBQ and meet up at my house Saturday. There may or may not be lobster involved [emoji6]

Let's do this.
Spread the word.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Mark Your Calendars July 28th Northeast Meetup
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 09:06:01 AM »
I can't wait

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 09:26:20 AM »
Sounds like a blast!  I've saved the date.  Just FYI....I am SCUBA certified if you need some help with those lobsters! :-)
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 09:31:17 AM »
Sounds like a blast!  I've saved the date.  Just FYI....I am SCUBA certified if you need some help with those lobsters! :-)
Ya just stay away from my lobstermen's traps.[emoji23]

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 09:41:22 AM »
So, I've never been to a meet-up before.   Do we all bring something or what's the deal?
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 08:47:34 PM »
So, I've never been to a meet-up before.   Do we all bring something or what's the deal?

Bring some food to share and/or some toys to show off. Leave extra room in the belt loops for food and in your trunk for a kettle or 6.  ;D
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 11:56:07 PM »

Bring some food to share and/or some toys to show off. Leave extra room in the belt loops for food and in your trunk for a kettle or 6.  ;D

This, and we’ll firm up the rest as we get closer.  My local Weber Alliance dealer is really well stocked so I may ask him to get involved in one way, The Schooner sail will be great and we’ll drink some whiskey, smoke some cigars, eat some lobster and smoke up a storm. 

I’ve met some great members like Will, Al,@603kettle, one of my closest friends is a kettlehead and he’s local to Gloucester, I’m hoping @order66 comes out, to meet Colin, @jkolantrn @ericD and all the guys up here.  And of course I’ll get to hang with my buddy @jebiv . Hoping we get some long distance people out here.  There have been a lot of people on here that it would be great to knock back a scotch with

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 05:10:24 AM »

The Schooner sail will be great and we’ll drink some whiskey, smoke some cigars, eat some lobster and smoke up a storm. 

Wow. I need to some how get myself up there!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 04:48:27 AM »
How many guys are interested on going on the schooner sail the evening of the  27th?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 07:00:15 AM »
How many guys are interested on going on the schooner sail the evening of the  27th?
Tami and I are in for that for sure !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 04:40:30 AM »
I checked the work calendar and I unfortunately have something I am glued to the computer the entire day on the 28th... ugh what sucks is that we were looking at weekends to pass through the area and had I not been tied up I could have easily made this work! Oh well, another time..
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 12:04:56 PM »
We are getting close y'all lets get some commitments I'm 65 gallons of gas away and I already have my room rented

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »
Still working on trying to get Friday off so I can enjoy the schooner ride with y'all.
I have no fancy toys toys to show off, so I guess I'll bring some food.  Any requests? I have a fairly decent butcher shop nearby that will order stuff for me if they don't already have it.
I think my wife might be trying to get out of this.....likes the rewards of my cook, but that's about the extent of her BBQ excitement! lol.  So, I'm thinkin' if I can make it Friday, just camp in the back of the truck.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 05:39:21 AM »
Still working on trying to get Friday off so I can enjoy the schooner ride with y'all.
I have no fancy toys toys to show off, so I guess I'll bring some food.  Any requests? I have a fairly decent butcher shop nearby that will order stuff for me if they don't already have it.
I think my wife might be trying to get out of this.....likes the rewards of my cook, but that's about the extent of her BBQ excitement! lol.  So, I'm thinkin' if I can make it Friday, just camp in the back of the truck.

I'd say bring something that you can cook and is a crowd pleaser at your house!

Can't wait!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 10:06:42 AM »
Cigar Bourbon Cruise Tickets. It Will Sell Out Within Days-
Do you find yourself talking about grilling? Are you obsessed with your Weber? Do you poor yourself a stiff bourbon after a day’s work? Does the smell of a cigar get you excited? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then this sail is for you! Join us onboard for a sail with the Gloucester BBQ Delegation and chat about all things BBQ while enjoying a cigar and bourbon. 1 cigar per person included in price. Bourbon available for sale onboard.

This is a 21+ Event 
Individuals will be allowed to smoke cigars onboard during this cruise.

https://schooner.starboardsuite.com/e/bbq-delegation-public-sail-670