Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Show us your SSP mods  (Read 6461 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Show us your SSP mods
« on: May 01, 2018, 05:39:42 AM »
I searched and couldnt find any, one , thread for ssp mods so lets get one going. The ssp is my favorite platform and besides what i have already done i want to play with it more.

So feel free to post your modded ssps and discus future mod ideas and share inspiration to us all

Im going to post mine when i get better pictures tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Show us your SSP mods
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 06:02:09 AM »
Not mine, but I'm seriously considering something similar if I can talk myself into cutting and drilling an SSP frame. And actually my bigger issue is that I'd have to source that second SS piece with the bowl cutout ... I DO have a second SSP but plan to keep that frame intact.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 06:26:37 AM »
Not mine, but I'm seriously considering something similar if I can talk myself into cutting and drilling an SSP frame. And actually my bigger issue is that I'd have to source that second SS piece with the bowl cutout ... I DO have a second SSP but plan to keep that frame intact.
I thought about making one of these as i have 3 extra ssp frames in excellent condition that I'm hoarding.  My only concern is moving it around even with 4 full size wheels. Should be a very simple build.  Should i build one for the sake of it?

lunchpirate

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 06:37:15 AM »

That is an awesome mod!  In many ways, I wish I never saw it.  :-\  As I'm looking at my deck, I don't think I have enough room nor the nerve to suggest it to the wife!

Best Regards,

TomS.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Show us your SSP mods
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 10:34:22 AM »
This is  my first ssp mod that i came up with. It's a midget(27") off road from the recycle bin. Most of my mods turn out the way they are since I try to only use recycled or re-purposed materials.

Parts that were used include:  4 cabinet/drawer pulls, toaster oven panel, ss panel from a utility cart, wheels from dead lawnmower, and a utensil holder. Excluding fasteners and all the weber items, the build cost roughly $50.  Don't need to spend a lot of money to do a mod.  Time spent is a totally different story.

Side panels on 3 sides.

Lid n bowl from a jameson okp.  Bowl brackets from @qwesthunter.

SS threaded rod  axle with bolts on both sides of the legs to help stiffen up the frame and also stabilize the wheels.

All in one tool hooks and towel bar.

All but one of my ssp's have the storage compartment.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:41:12 AM by Jules V. »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 12:17:31 PM »
... Should i build one for the sake of it?

No, because the only way mine would be nicer is if you don't make yours.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 12:18:48 PM »

That is an awesome mod!  In many ways, I wish I never saw it.  :-\  As I'm looking at my deck, I don't think I have enough room nor the nerve to suggest it to the wife!

Best Regards,

TomS.

Ironically, I'd be doing it to save some space, as one SSP frame is smaller than two!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 12:33:41 PM »

No, because the only way mine would be nicer is if you don't make yours.
How about you build yours first so i can make sure to make mine not as nice?  Was about to start and have it done by this afternoon but my elbow is not cooperating. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 02:07:45 PM »
Haha I'm not motivated to act that fast. "Don't wait on me."

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »
... following. The pieces are falling into place for a truly west coast custom SSP coppermist build out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 05:17:37 PM »
This thread sucks!  Matt, can I have my ssp back?  Can’t wait to see it finished (and have a good cry)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
This thread sucks!  Matt, can I have my ssp back?  Can’t wait to see it finished (and have a good cry)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Hahaha... thanks again. Now you have reason to find another and plenty of time to plot a build.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »
Done!  I hope you can do better.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »
Done!  I hope you can do better.

UNCLE!

I've already sent a PM to the relevant authorities ensuring that becomes part of the next WKC calendar! Clearly, your best work.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 08:42:19 PM »
Once upon a time, this pile of parts became my murdered out Stealth Performer.

A bunch of black kettles
-JC