Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smokey Joe Vortex  (Read 2254 times)

jacko1962

• WKC Brave
Smokey Joe Vortex
« on: April 29, 2018, 04:47:37 AM »
I found a smokey joe on the side of the road. Where the legs mount to the kettle I took a compass to all 3 holes. i cut out the bottom and now have a homemade vortex. here are the wings. awesome.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Weber Genesis 1000 Black with all red oak, 1992 Redhead Performer.  2014 18.5 black. 1985 Black GA

Looking for P code Red Premium Master touch and a EO code Blue Premium Master touch .

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Smokey Joe Vortex
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 09:24:22 AM »
Smokey Poortex!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:45:05 AM »
That's an awesome idea. Great work.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Mr.Smoke

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 08:10:14 AM »
Brilliant!!! Love that it’s porcelain enameled too lol

jacko1962

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 06:07:34 AM »
I have been getting mixed reviews. Understand this was a bowl on the side of the road no grates top or legs. When I saw it just sitting there I figured I would reperose it instead of tossing in the trash. I recently picked up a 1973-74 black top grilll that has been faded over the years. This has been turned into a working grill. This will not be modified at all.

Thanks,
Weber Genesis 1000 Black with all red oak, 1992 Redhead Performer.  2014 18.5 black. 1985 Black GA

Looking for P code Red Premium Master touch and a EO code Blue Premium Master touch .

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 06:39:33 AM »
Hold up, full stop.

Not in this thread, so ... someone's been messaging you privately about how or what you "should" do with any of your grills? I realize there can be a fine line between constructive criticism (albeit unsolicited) and outright disparagement, but if this is the case it's way out of line and not what this forum represents.

I have been getting mixed reviews. Understand this was a bowl on the side of the road no grates top or legs. When I saw it just sitting there I figured I would reperose it instead of tossing in the trash. I recently picked up a 1973-74 black top grilll that has been faded over the years. This has been turned into a working grill. This will not be modified at all.

Thanks,
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 02:37:56 PM »
What a cool idea, @jacko1962, and great way to give it new purpose instead of rusting away in a landfill ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna