Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does anyone sell aftermarket legs?  (Read 1591 times)

ZebraZoo

• Smokey Joe
Does anyone sell aftermarket legs?
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:14:20 PM »
I'd pay for legs made out of stainless steel that weren't so fragile for my 26"...

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Re: Does anyone sell aftermarket legs?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 08:15:57 PM »
Hi, we have short leg but we can do anything u want...

http://www.webbq.it/shop/home/257-kit-gambe-corte-bbq-57-bbq-57-leg-kit.html
BBQ are never enough

ZebraZoo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 08:21:01 PM »
Whelp, I'd pay, but I don't think I'd pay that much... Especially with int'l shipping involved! Thanks for the quick reply!

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:10:15 PM »
I imagine not to worry ... I inform you anyway for the future that the prices shown in the shop should be removed VAT that is 22%
BBQ are never enough

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 04:02:45 AM »
Apart from possibly getting dented, regular aluminum legs are not fragile. A 26’s wobble (assuming that’s the issue here) is caused by legs getting loose from sockets, and from the intersection of triangle and front leg loosening as the hole rounds out over time and use.

I consider the legs to be a “wear item,” inexpensively replaced and customized from cheap shower rods.

Consider that if using stiff rod such as SS, it likely would not deform easily enough to become fully installed into the sockets. It’s a press fit, if using standard 1” rod. The modern clip style legs are something just under 1” I suppose.

Happy to be shown wrong of course! SS legs would be pretty neat.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch