Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SS Grates - Adrenaline or Killa Grilla?  (Read 4439 times)

CurtP

• WKC Brave
Re: SS Grates - Adrenaline or Killa Grilla?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 07:02:28 AM »
The ABC grates are now all made in China if it matters to anyone (it does to me).  KG is made in USA.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 04:50:10 AM »
If they didn't drop the price down to China made price then it matters for sure. I just use the grates that came in my old webers, so I have no input on SS grates. But when I was looking into building my own flat top, I had read that you don't want to use stainless because it doesn't season like cast iron or mild steel does.
Does anyone offer a non-plated mild steel grate? I think thats what I would want.

I also have the grate out of my char-griller premium kettle, it has the removable center piece, and it has thick bars coated with porcelain.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 05:09:38 AM »
It's too bad the Adrenaline grates are being made in China now. I bought one over a year ago and love it. I was actually contemplating buying a second one. It still looks great and I have not lost any wings near the handles due to the extra couple of rods. But I  guess my next SS grate is gonna be a Killa grilla. Not a fan of Chinese made products.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 05:41:47 AM »
If that's the case, then ABC(Adrenaline Barbecue-Company) should list the country of origin where the product was made for each of their products in the details, to be honest to the U.S. customers who only buy "Made In U.S.A."

products. Killa Grilla has always made quality SS cooking grates, right here in the good ole U.S. of A!

ABC does frequent this site, and reads all posts and reviews regarding their products.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 12:35:25 PM »
I always wondered why the used holes near the handles that seem so enticing to a variety of meats that they practically leap down threw them to the coals.  The, I saw an old Weber brochure on here that touted this "feature" as an easy way to add additional coals without having to lift up a grate.   

It's too bad the Adrenaline grates are being made in China now. I bought one over a year ago and love it. I was actually contemplating buying a second one. It still looks great and I have not lost any wings near the handles due to the extra couple of rods. But I  guess my next SS grate is gonna be a Killa grilla. Not a fan of Chinese made products.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
regards,
Hal

socal-griller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 10:41:51 AM »
ABC vs KG...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:45:29 AM by socal-griller »

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 05:27:57 AM »
ABC vs KG...

Which one do you like better?  Is Killa more heavy?.  I have Some Killa Grilla grates and really like them.

Thanks,

Robert

socal-griller

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2019, 10:42:01 AM »
The KG grates are heavier, but nothing that two hands can't handle. If I had to choose one set (cooking + elevated) over the other, I know which one I would choose based on my personal habits and preferences. YMMV depending on how you grill and cue. I'll post a more detailed comparison to support my thoughts soon.