Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Adjustable side table project  (Read 2080 times)

Transit98

• WKC Brave
Adjustable side table project
« on: April 17, 2018, 05:47:33 AM »
Thanks to member @DynaGlide I got a Performer side table in the mail last weekend. Unfortunately USPS cracked the side but that was quickly forgiven when the legs part of the project fell into my lap. A neighbor was throwing out an old Electric Keyboard holder on casters that will make for a great set of legs and adjustable height. So I can use this on my 22.5 and UDS.

I want to mount wood onto the center pipe and than mount the table on the wood.

Thanks again to @DynaGlide for offering this up to the forum! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:04:01 AM by Transit98 »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Adjustable side table project
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:27:36 AM »
That’s a neat idea.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:03:42 AM »
very cool idea
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bluewhisper

• WKC Brave
    • Alex Šilbajoris
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 06:45:29 AM »
Hmmmm, you just gave me an idea for a new use of this crappy office chair I'm sitting on. The seat is getting ripped up but the wheels are still good.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »

Hmmmm, you just gave me an idea for a new use of this crappy office chair I'm sitting on. The seat is getting ripped up but the wheels are still good.
make it happen brother! I was in the garage last night working on the best way to security mount the table to the base. Thinking of making a wood frame to hold the table on the sides, as it would in its original table design.

Ill post progress next week.

bluewhisper

• WKC Brave
    • Alex Šilbajoris
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 05:55:18 AM »
I noticed my Home Depot had some remnants of cut plywood. I figure I can use the 22 lid as a stencil and draw a cutting guide for a curve to match the kettle.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 09:18:35 AM »

I noticed my Home Depot had some remnants of cut plywood. I figure I can use the 22 lid as a stencil and draw a cutting guide for a curve to match the kettle.
I can send you the table measurements later tonight or tomorrow. Tip to tip and depth of internal arc.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:02:09 AM »
Looking forward to seeing all of these projects
Together we'll fight the long defeat.