Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Simple wedges  (Read 1014 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Simple wedges
« on: April 12, 2018, 06:38:29 PM »
We had a bunch of potatoes that were just sitting around so I sliced them up and threw them on the grill. For reference it was 8 medium sized potatoes, tossed in oil, and seasoned with SPG. They cooked for about 45 minutes. The lid thermometer was around 425. I think next time I might go a little higher to get more crisp. Intersting how the ones furthers from the fire had the most crispy edges. I then seared about half of them, just for a few seconds, just to see what it would taste like. It added a hint of char flavour.

This was my second time doing wedges on the grill. I need to figure out how to replicate Royal Farms's Western fries recipe.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

joewhodatt

• Smokey Joe
Re: Simple wedges
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 07:32:45 PM »
I do potatoes all the time on grill.    Try alittle olive oil and different seasonings on the potatoes.    Parmesan cheese at the end goes along way as well ! Keep grilling !!

Sent from my  Joes Cajunbadassbbq

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 03:50:10 AM »
Love potato wedges on the grill, looks grate
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 04:10:54 AM »
Nice lookin spuds...I cook em around the Vortex and then dress em with a herb/dijon butter when they come in...

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 05:57:10 AM »
Nice lookin' taters. I gotta get back to that method... been using a basket.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »
Yum!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 02:50:12 PM »
I do potatoes all the time on grill.    Try alittle olive oil and different seasonings on the potatoes.    Parmesan cheese at the end goes along way as well ! Keep grilling !!

Those look delicious! What seasoning is used in the second picture?
Together we'll fight the long defeat.