Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Aldi and Lidl meat and chicken  (Read 2857 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Aldi and Lidl meat and chicken
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 06:35:13 AM »
I’m picky when it comes to brats and sausage products so I don’t buy generics of those at Aldi or any store but other than that, I really like everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 08:11:30 AM »
Were the " enhanced" or injected.

After a couple of years of low profile presence
Aldi is making a strong move in our area.

2-3 Years ago they built a massive distribution center
in Frederick and now they must have 6-8 stores
in various stages of construction around Central Maryland.
These are going in prime locations where the previous stores
were in low traffic, dying out of the way sstrip centers.

Gonna have to start checking them out more often.

Lidl hasn't made an appearance up our way as of yet.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 08:42:59 AM »
I’m picky when it comes to brats and sausage products so I don’t buy generics of those at Aldi or any store but other than that, I really like everything else.

My Aldi carries two different Italian sausages. The Parkview brand and the Buona Beef brand. Buona Beef started in Berwyn, IL about a mile from my grandparents house. I grew up eating Buona sausages and I prefer the Parkview. I never would have thought I would prefer their brand. Aldi's has better flavor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 09:26:39 AM »

My Aldi carries two different Italian sausages. The Parkview brand and the Buona Beef brand. Buona Beef started in Berwyn, IL about a mile from my grandparents house. I grew up eating Buona sausages and I prefer the Parkview. I never would have thought I would prefer their brand. Aldi's has better flavor.

The flavor is great but I found their casing to be tough. It could have been chef error though [emoji12]

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 10:55:32 AM »
Take the sausage out of the casings make patties with it. Grill them up throw some mozzarella cheese, some marinara on top and put it on a bun. No casing to worry about that way. [emoji39] definitely a crowd pleaser in my house.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 01:12:18 PM »
Aldi is amazing. We get 90% of our groceries from there. Don’t be afraid to try anything from Aldi. They ain’t the Aldi from 15 years ago. They’re owned by Trader Joe’s now and the quality is fantastic. Better quality and better prices than anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Aldi and Lidl meat and chicken
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 02:52:14 PM »
Don’t get Aldi frozen burgers in a box. We bought them while on vacation. They are cut with soy flour but you have to read the fine print to catch that. They taste like a weird beef cracker. Barely edible. I’m told their burgers in a plastic bag sleeve are good though.

I usually buy frozen angus patties at sams which are great.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:55:11 PM by HoosierKettle »

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 05:25:12 PM »
I do at least 90% of my grocery shopping at ALDI. I am famous among my family and friends for my relentless pursuit of their “sticker meat”, meat bearing its sell by date and thus marked down. I will Clean. Out. The. Meat. Case for a good sticker special, completely unashamedly, much to the embarrassment and dismay of my children. But until they’re paying the grocery bill they can just shut the hell up.

Don’t be afraid to try anything at ALDI as they have a double your money back guarantee. If you don’t like someone nothing they will give you your money back AND replace the item with a similar one so you have nothing to lose in trying.

We buy the bagged hamburger patties for quick dinners or lunches during the summer. They also have good inexpensive hot dogs. And buns are under a buck so you can happily and easily feed all the neighborhood kids if you want.

We have a couple of butchers we get really great brats from however if I’m just looking for “simmer in beer and sear” brats, I get the ALDI ones.