Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What color?  (Read 757 times)

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
What color?
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:16:51 PM »
Saw this listed on CL and was wondering what color y’all thought it might be.  Hard to tell from the pics.  Plum? Burgundy? Maroon?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

Re: What color?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 09:22:47 PM »

It's a Master Touch so I would say burgundy.   Here is a quote from the WKC Master Touch History Thread.   "In addition to green, blue, and black, the Master Touch was also offered in red, red mist, copper mist, grey and burgundy. " 

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/           
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 04:48:09 AM »
In addition to the missing handles, you'd need to buy a new thermometer and thermometer bracket (both available). Can't see the lid bale, and the sweeps will be the old 7409 style.

So there could be more stuff to replace than you want to do, but you don't often see a burgundy M/T ... and the bowl and lid of course are key.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 05:57:48 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.  It is rare for colored kettles especially older wood handle colored kettles to come available around AL.   It was listed with other patio furniture and he already had someone driving over from MS today so I’m second in line.  Decided not to outbid even though the seller was throwing out the option. Hopefully all the first buyer wants is the wrought  iron patio set and leaves the grill.  Fingers crossed. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 06:10:55 AM »
Fingers crossed!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 07:23:04 AM »
I hope he leaves the grill!
also, I am a simple dude so Burgundy and Maroon are the same color hahaha
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »
Good luck.
regards,
Hal