Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rottiserie Ring 26.75 v 22.5??  (Read 1365 times)

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
Rottiserie Ring 26.75 v 22.5??
« on: April 08, 2018, 02:59:21 AM »
Good day all.

I'll keep it simple, pros and cons of each if any?

How much of the good stuff can each realistically hold (I guess chickens would be a good indicator), but all feedback helpful.

racedvl

• WKC Brave
Re: Rottiserie Ring 26.75 v 22.5??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 03:58:43 AM »
I've had 2 chickens on my 22" with a little room to spare... does one need to spin 3 chickens.... ? Maybe,  I dunno...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »
The only "cons" are that they cost real money, and the one for the 26 (assuming the old Weber accessory) ... it's rare. Best way to cook any whole bird in my opinion. So juicy and easy to cook.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
Here’s how I look at it, I’m serious about smoking and grilling and rotisserie cooking adds to the experience. So I’m down with the Cajun Bandit rings that will fit other pits like my drums and WSM’s in addition to the kettles.
Accessories like EZQue cradles, tumble baskets, Rib O Lator, kebab racks and Oct O Forks offer other opportunities to play with your meat!
The only Con in my book is the boredom of grate cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

au4stree

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »

Here’s how I look at it, I’m serious about smoking and grilling and rotisserie cooking adds to the experience. So I’m down with the Cajun Bandit rings that will fit other pits like my drums and WSM’s in addition to the kettles.
Accessories like EZQue cradles, tumble baskets, Rib O Lator, kebab racks and Oct O Forks offer other opportunities to play with your meat!

Just .....🤤🤤🤤🤤

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Piggs McGee BBQ
"We're kind of a big deal"

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 03:57:22 PM »
2 decent sized birds will fit on a 22”...3 will fit on a 26”

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 01:31:41 PM »

[emoji106] you seem to have all the toys[emoji1]  Great set ups

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 06:52:29 AM »
I spun these birds on the Weber rotiss. The setup was a drip pan in the middle of the Weber 22.5", with RO briquets piled on both sides of the pan. I kept the temp at around 375, and spun them until the internal temp hit 170-ish. For those of you who have not spun poultry before, you must do so! Here ya' go...

First off, I sliced some lemon and lime wedges, and grabbed a few sprigs of rosemary, along with two onions. Birds need stuffed with things that will enhance their flavor...

The birds were rubbed down with EVVO, CBP and sea salt, and sat in the fridge for a few hours. They came out all happy, and got the lemon, lime, and rosemary stuffed where the sun don't shine...

I'm sure you noticed the onions in the first pic. The onions serve three purposes: to add flavor of course, to hold the stuffing in, and serve as a mechanical device to keep the chickens from flopping around while spinning...

A last minute decision was made at this point... I applied Mad Hunky rub and rubbed it in with a bit more EVOO. Usually, I'd do this at prep time, but this time I didn't. Go figure. Here they are, mounted on the spit and ready to rock...

I squirted the birds down with a mix of apple juice and worchy about every twenty minutes or so. Here they are, almost done...

My cute li'l helper telling me, "They're done Pop Pop!!"

And here they are, ready for the knife...

Sorry, there are no plated pix, but rest assured, it was really tender and moist, and served up with lots of love! Thanks for looking!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 07:55:36 AM »
OMG they're tribbing.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 08:17:14 AM »
WOW! Those birds look delicious!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 06:47:37 AM »
OMG they're tribbing.

Yes. Yes they were. That's why they were so juicy... :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.