Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for advice...  (Read 1634 times)

golfndawg

• Happy Cooker
Looking for advice...
« on: March 08, 2018, 12:15:24 PM »
Hey, point me in the right direction if this has been asked already, I have 3 22.5" and 2 18" kettles and am thinking about making a portable table for all 5. Is it worth it because they really are pretty light or....Thoughts? Thanks

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Looking for advice...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 12:46:09 PM »
I am confused; do you mean one table that can be used with any of your grills? Or one table for each grill?

Either way, there are quite a few table ideas here:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/727962310716040/
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

golfndawg

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 12:57:03 PM »
Yea probably is confusing, I'm talking about 1 table with 5 - 1/2 moon cutouts in a single file that fits all 5 somehow, like I said it may be kinda useless since I can just stand em all next to each other, but kinda was looking at something I could just load onto a trailer and go, I dunno lol...

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 04:51:23 PM »
Hmmm...
Not a crazy idea, I bet it'd look pretty cool.
It might be hard to maneuver around and access each kettle, just something to consider.
Keep us posted and show some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 04:57:01 PM »
Interesing idea but like wnc said accessability would be bad, what i would suggest instead is maybe make a table that sits on the handles and is suspended like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 12:54:37 PM »
A buddy of mine always jokes when he sees all my kettles on my deck.  He says I should rig em up like a drumset with some of the larger kettles sitting on the deck surface, some smaller ones above on the deck railing and hang a few like cymbals so i can sit in the "drummer's position" and cook on multiple kettles at once!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 01:34:20 PM »
Load in trailer and go?  I went down that road with 18" & 22" WSM's on carts

took up way to much room in my 5x8 enclosed trailer. I use those Plastic folding tables that look like ironing borads
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

golfndawg

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
Thanks guys, think I'll save me the headache and just load em as necessary, tie em down and go. Seems like the logical thing to do because I really don't use all 5 at one time anyway, hell I hardly use 3 at once. It was the thought that counts though huh😂.