Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: KettlePizza basic kit question  (Read 1739 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
KettlePizza basic kit question
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:13:47 PM »
This is my first time posting in this section of WKC. I didn't have any immediate plans of doing pizza on the kettle, but a NIB KettlePizza Basic kit popped up for $60 so I grabbed it! I don't know anything about making pizza except that the product is yummyyyyy! I've started reading through the posts in section and am trying to piece together all the knowledge nuggets. I know I'll have many questions along the way, but I'll start with just this. How does the aluminum pan compare to a baking stone?   
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:15:58 PM by Firemunkee »
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: KettlePizza basic kit question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:47:18 PM »
I don’t think it compares at all.  Just did 7 pizzas tonight for friends on a stone.  Unfortunately I didn’t get pics.   Go to the oldest page or two of posts in this section to find out how we all dialed in our cooks.  That’s about when a bunch of us got our KP’s and where figuring things out.  Lots of good info.   I’ll warm you, pizzas become a hobby/obsession all to its self.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 10:11:35 PM »
If you are talking about the aluminum pan that comes with the kit, I could be wrong but I don't think that is intended for cooking but rather, for serving.

EDIT: Doh, totally wrong, it is for cooking according to the site.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:14:05 PM by demosthenes9 »

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:59:38 AM »
I don’t think it compares at all.  Just did 7 pizzas tonight for friends on a stone.  Unfortunately I didn’t get pics.   Go to the oldest page or two of posts in this section to find out how we all dialed in our cooks.  That’s about when a bunch of us got our KP’s and where figuring things out.  Lots of good info.   I’ll warm you, pizzas become a hobby/obsession all to its self.

Thanks for the advice! I don't know why I didn't think to start at the beginning. I'll peruse those posts and see if that doesn't answer my questions. I contemplated a lot before deciding to buy the KP knowing that it's a deep hole I'm jumping into haha.   

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 05:00:06 AM »
If you are talking about the aluminum pan that comes with the kit, I could be wrong but I don't think that is intended for cooking but rather, for serving.

EDIT: Doh, totally wrong, it is for cooking according to the site.

Yes, I'm talking about the aluminum pan that comes with the kit.