Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Vieluxe Score  (Read 3787 times)

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
Vieluxe Score
« on: December 26, 2017, 04:07:10 PM »
For quite a while, I’ve been searching Craigslist for the grail of gas grills - the Weber Vieluxe. I finally found one, and then waited patiently for the price to come down, hoping someone else wouldn’t snatch it.

I got a Performer for my dad a few years ago, but he uses it about 50% of the time and a Weber Spirit for the rest. He wore the Spirit out, so I gave him this Vieluxe.

The grill is in excellent shape, only issue was a damaged flavorizer bar, which are welded together on these grills. Contacted RCplanebuyer and he hooked me up with a custom set better than the originals.

Dad was stoked to say the least!! The quality of this thing is the best I’ve ever seen in a gas grill. Hand welded stainless frame, and it seems like it’s made for commercial use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Vieluxe Score
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 04:15:12 PM »
Wow that thing is nice. Definitely do not see many those in the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 05:36:19 PM »
Hot damn that's a fine gasser

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vmile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »
THE machine of Weber gassers, very envious!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 03:05:39 AM »
Amazing, what a nice son.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 03:19:18 AM »
So does it have a griddle on the right side?  RCPlane Buyer makes some nice things.  Did you get a set of his grates for the Vieluxe?  If not, those grates look like new.

Robert

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 03:30:25 AM »
That thing looks well built! That's a far cry from the sunbeam gasser I grew up with lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Text @ 419-619-6379

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 05:10:26 AM »
So does it have a griddle on the right side?  RCPlane Buyer makes some nice things.  Did you get a set of his grates for the Vieluxe?  If not, those grates look like new.

Robert

It has a dual burner on the right side, but no griddle. There is a stainless steel cover over the burners that has ball bearing slides.

Grates are stock and seem identical to the ones I bought from RCPlane Buyer for my Genesis. Easy to clean when you have high grade 304 stainless. Can’t distinguish them from a brand new set.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 05:13:00 AM »
That is one fine gasser
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 11:39:57 PM »
Man that is very nice!!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 04:06:32 AM »
Wow! That thing makes a Summit look like a Char-Broil.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 01:07:10 PM »
I have never seen or even heard of this model Weber, but this is a beauty I would by one of these .

According to this info they were sold from 2001 to 05 for 6k for same unit and 8 k for the big boy WoW that is serious coin.

http://virtualwebergasgrill.com/2014/08/vieluxe-the-weber-luxury-grill-youve-probably-never-heard-of/

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 05:10:48 PM »
$6000-$8000?  I know very little about quality gas grills, that seems pretty crazy to me.

What makes these so great?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 02:27:36 PM »
All stainless steel.  Fully hand welded instead of just tack welded.   Seriously over engineered and over built.  Kind of like military spec.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kettle Karl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 08:39:39 PM »
When you open the hood, and feel the controls, it’s amazing how quality it feels. I went to a local BBQ store that had a few new Summits and there was no comparison. To me, it even seemed more quality than the Wolf grills.

Also, when you fire it up, it gets much hotter than any Genesis I’ve ever had. Makes me wonder about claimed BTU ratings.

Here is the side burner that looks like something industrial: