Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber lid exhaust mods  (Read 8481 times)

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
Re: Weber lid exhaust mods
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 02:08:54 AM »
This mod would of made a difference in airflow if the lid holes were at least the same size as the bowl vent.
Bert

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
@MikeRocksTheRed

Also forgot to mention the effect of humidity. One thing going for Denver is the low humidity. Winter and mid spring will be your toughest months in trying to maintain high temperature.

Very interesting.  I didn't think about humidity at all.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed

Also forgot to mention the effect of humidity. One thing going for Denver is the low humidity. Winter and mid spring will be your toughest months in trying to maintain high temperature.

Very interesting.  I didn't think about humidity at all.
Your charcoal will probably burn hotter and faster  at 30F with 30% humidity than let's say 90F with 90% humidity. You'll also get the benefit of denser oxygen mass with the collder air. Same concept with cold air intake on combustion engines.

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 11:02:00 AM »
Ok.... I understand all the arguments about air flow... and all that....
About 22-23 years ago I had built a table w dual 22’s...  yeah, I know, over kill right? I built one for smoking/cooking the meats, and the other for sides, corn-potatoes-what not... on one of the lids, after sitting around playin in that garage, I had a stainless steel exhaust tip from a car, drilled a hole in the lid, put a piece of pipe thru the lid and attached the exhaust tip to it...

“Why?” Do you ask???

Cuz it looked frikin cool AND I could!!!

That was all...

Everybody that came over for a bbq was like WTF?!?!?!
I was like “cool huh?”

Vinny