Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Loco Moco.... Not!!!  (Read 2158 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Loco Moco.... Not!!!
« on: December 22, 2017, 01:03:16 PM »
So I'm thinking.... Hawaii has loco moco, which is a hamburger pattie on top of rice, with gravy and then a fried egg on top.

I'm in Canada, and there is a local place called Lococo's that does a flank steak layered with bacon and sausage. Now; I'm thinking one of these steaks on top of some mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy and then the fried egg.

I should call it a Canucklococosmoco!!!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: Loco Moco.... Not!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 01:44:49 PM »
That sounds .......... wonderful [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 01:45:40 PM »
So I'm thinking.... Hawaii has loco moco, which is a hamburger pattie on top of rice, with gravy and then a fried egg on top.

I'm in Canada, and there is a local place called Lococo's that does a flank steak layered with bacon and sausage. Now; I'm thinking one of these steaks on top of some mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy and then the fried egg.

Here's the steaks

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
I work in a prison that has a Hawaiian population.  Very different culture.  I have had different forms of loco moco.  Its a weird combo but it works. 
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 02:59:24 PM »

Here's the steaks

Can't say I've seen steak like that before. Looks interesting. What kind is it?

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 03:05:17 PM »

Here's the steaks

Cooked steak.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »
All done

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 03:14:01 PM »

Here's the steaks

Can't say I've seen steak like that before. Looks interesting. What kind is it?
A flank steak, layered with bacon, then layered with pork sausage and rolled.  Think of a steak fattie!. This store; Lococo's is the only place I've seen it.

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 03:23:57 PM »
Thats pretty cool and the loco moco looks very good

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »
I work in a prison that has a Hawaiian population.  Very different culture.  I have had different forms of loco moco.  Its a weird combo but it works.
Saguaro run by CCA?

AnyThingGrilled

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 08:48:52 PM »
What a perfectly done egg and the rest looks good as well. Will you make it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 05:24:11 AM »
Your "Haole-moco" looks pretty tasty!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 06:37:29 AM »
Saguaro run by CCA?

Yes it's here in Arizona.  Now we are called Core Civic.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 04:34:25 AM »
Hold up, are you telling me there is a Hawaiian presence in AZ?  My wife an I have been looking for somewhere to move, I would love to be back with some "locals"

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2017, 09:24:24 AM »
Hold up, are you telling me there is a Hawaiian presence in AZ?  My wife an I have been looking for somewhere to move, I would love to be back with some "locals"

The only real Hawaiian presence is about 1500 inmates in Saguaro Correctional Center.  They call it the eighth Hawiian island.