Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Winter night cook  (Read 949 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Winter night cook
« on: December 18, 2017, 06:27:17 PM »
Just a random cook during the week. Just pork chops, half with a random seasoning I found on clearance and the other half with Montreal seasoning. Cooked indirect at about 350. I pulled them all off at 145. I didn't eat them until the next day but for some reason most of them were nearly well done and tough. I wonder if because I stacked them after I pulled them off that the internal temp rose more than I expected. In any case it was fun just to do a night cook.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: Winter night cook
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 09:21:38 PM »
They look good. I would imagine they were well done for a couple reasons. Cooking at 350 you could have probably pulled them at 135 and gained the final 10 degrees on the covered rest. And like you mentioned stacking them compounded the issue. I’ve been eating my chops and loins with a finish temp around 138-140. Very juicy and tender. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 08:03:52 AM »
I pull my pork chops off between 140-145, it's about time for some chops.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 09:17:13 AM »
They look good. I would imagine they were well done for a couple reasons. Cooking at 350 you could have probably pulled them at 135 and gained the final 10 degrees on the covered rest. And like you mentioned stacking them compounded the issue. I’ve been eating my chops and loins with a finish temp around 138-140. Very juicy and tender. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I am still a noob at grilling and enjoy learning from the wealth of knowledge here at WKC. So cooking temp contributes to how much carry over heat there will be? That's an interesting thought. Makes sense though. There were 2 chops out of the bunch that were really tender. I'm assuming those were the ones on stacked on the very top haha.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.