Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Whitewalls for 26" wheels  (Read 1947 times)

Tionoel

• Smokey Joe
Whitewalls for 26" wheels
« on: December 15, 2017, 07:26:22 PM »
Hello...anybody knows if these can still be purchased? Those look so good and it's just what I need to finish customizing my 26er....thx in advance for any help....

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Whitewalls for 26" wheels
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »
you're talking about 8" wheels on a 26" kettle?.. right?  We have a member here that can make custom ones but right now he is M.I.A.  But we're looking for him.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
The "classic' white walls also came on early Performers (up through 2004) and earlier Genesis (and related era) grills. All the same 8" wheels.

part # 99252 or 63050 or 3621 should get you there.

I want a pair also.

Around 2005, depending on the model, is when the 8" wheel changed, and then changed again, and then more recently changed again.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Tionoel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 05:04:41 AM »
My kettle is a 2010....all I need is whitewalls...my wheels are fine. Yea I sent that member a pm...haven't heard anything yet...😢

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 06:18:57 AM »
Hmm, well yeah that's a different thing if you don't actually need the wheels.

@zavod44

Brian, back when Al first mentioned making 8" wheel inserts, I think you had asked him about access to his dataset? Or did you ever come up with one of your own? I'm under the impression you've made them for 6" wheels, but from wood.

I don't know if any of this helps Tionoel or others seeking new white inserts necessarily, but thought I'd ask.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch