Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gas Kettle help - parts needed  (Read 3016 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Gas Kettle help - parts needed
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
My gas kettle that worked fine when I got it stopped working a while back.  I just tore it apart to see if I could do anything about it and I just can’t figure it out. I think there might have been some type of key pin that rust out or something.  When I turn the knob it isn’t actually turning anything inside of whatever you call this part.  Lol.

Anyone know if this might be replaceable or have a donor gas kettle?  Also managed to break the knob while I was messing with it.  So I could use a knob too!  Is it worth calling Weber to see if they have these parts still laying around somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Gas Kettle help - parts needed
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
My gas kettle that worked fine when I got it stopped working a while back.  I just tore it apart to see if I could do anything about it and I just can’t figure it out. I think there might have been some type of key pin that rust out or something.  When I turn the knob it isn’t actually turning anything inside of whatever you call this part.  Lol.

Anyone know if this might be replaceable or have a donor gas kettle?  Also managed to break the knob while I was messing with it.  So I could use a knob too!  Is it worth calling Weber to see if they have these parts still laying around somewhere?

I may have a spare, doesn't the knob have a set screw I will look in the morning. In the bed sick as hell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »

I may have a spare, doesn't the knob have a set screw I will look in the morning. In the bed sick as hell

Holy shit!  I figured this post might sit for a week without a response.  Mine did not have a set screw but that doesn’t mean it didn’t at one point!  Thanks a million and if you’re still sick tomorrow just focus on getting better!

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:38:04 PM »
Wouldn't that be a gas valve? If there's a way to fake (er, I mean rig?) a mounting of another one so that its shaft pokes through where it should, the rest (fittings) could be adapted "behind the scenes," yeah?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 08:00:10 PM »

Wouldn't that be a gas valve? If there's a way to fake (er, I mean rig?) a mounting of another one so that its shaft pokes through where it should, the rest (fittings) could be adapted "behind the scenes," yeah?

That was what I suggested to him as well. Got to be a way to rig something up

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 08:51:51 PM »

So you're sayin' he ain't listening? :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 09:02:38 PM »

No comment [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 06:08:37 AM »

No comment [emoji23]

It's really no problem. Now you know to forward your answers to Joe. Mike reads what Joe says!  8)

(Mike, is there any additional way we can throw you under the bus today or have fun at your expense?)   ;D

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 12:13:52 PM »
You guys are making me laugh, as I still lay in bed sick
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 03:56:50 PM »
Haha!!!!  I’d look to fix it right but if I can’t I’ll figure something else out. Maybe a 5 ft flame and use it as a patio heater!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 07:16:06 AM »
@JEBIV  -  Were you able to see if you had an extra parts that I need?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 07:22:41 AM »
@MikeRocksTheRed I never looked slipped my mind sorry, I will look when I get home tonight.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 07:41:16 PM »
@zavod44 did you 3d print one of these knobs a while back?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed I never looked slipped my mind sorry, I will look when I get home tonight.

You're gonna have to start sleeping on a bag of ice melt instead of a pillow with that slippery mind of yours!!!!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 02:40:12 PM »
I did find the spare but it is not like yours