Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Prime rib methods  (Read 3374 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Prime rib methods
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 07:45:44 AM »
All part of the journey, man. Thanks for sharing the follow-up.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 08:54:04 AM »
That looks awesome. Why do you think it was bland?
May The Smoke Be With You!

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 08:59:52 AM »
It just didn't have much flavor. Reminded me of buffet or low end restaurant prime rib

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 06:25:51 PM »

It just didn't have much flavor. Reminded me of buffet or low end restaurant prime rib

How did you prepare the roast?  I usually air dry it  for 6-12 hours in a pan with wire rack inside the fridge. After that 18-24 hours of dry brine. Rub with kosher salt, coarsely ground black pepper and garlic granules.  Place it  in a ziploc bag and push out excess air. Back in the fridge. Take it out of the fridge and let reach room temperature. Adding more salt n pepper is optional. Now it's ready for the grill.

JV

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 06:32:58 PM »
Yeah I had bought it day of so all I was able to accomplish was let it rest to room temp

2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 04:22:20 AM »
I’m doing one tonight at a friends. I’ll be using the rotisserie. I was planning on a simple salt and pepper seasoning. What cooking temp should I shoot for?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 05:55:37 AM »
If it were me I'd take it off the grill between 130-135 and let it rest for 30 minutes before slicing it up.  Add some garlic to your seasoning too if you like garlic.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.