Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not a grill mod but...  (Read 1837 times)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Not a grill mod but...
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:47:13 PM »
Still pretty happy with this.  My father-in-law and I don’t always see eye-to-eye (imagine that) but he is an amazing craftsman and has the tools and know-how to do a lot.  Anyway, a couple of months ago I was able to nab a couple of green weber lanterns only to find out that they normally come with stakes that screw into the bottom.  After receiving a gift of a red lantern from @JEBIV (thanks a million times over!), I asked him if it would be possible to replicate the red stake.  As it turns out, it is!  Here are pictures.  The first is the raw steel, the second is with two primed for future lanterns that may be missing a stake and the other two are for the green lanterns.  Not a perfect match on the green, but it was as close as I could find.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

[attachment deleted by admin]
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Not a grill mod but...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 02:40:46 AM »
Very nice work, it is true that it seems that the stakes can be missing quite often. You are now prepared 2 colors down 4 to go
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:41:29 AM »
Very nice, Tommy! Those turned out great!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 06:52:41 AM »
Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 11:33:15 AM »
That's some nice work by your FIL.  Great idea to replicate them.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"