Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 'Turd Wrapping...................  (Read 13959 times)

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Re: 'Turd Wrapping...................
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2015, 05:06:43 AM »

I have done goat cheese and feta. Both came out good.
Did you season the goat cheese?

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2015, 08:51:02 AM »
ALL HAIL THE  "TURD MASTER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the ideas. Can't wait to make them!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2015, 08:55:44 AM »
I love turds.  There is always some extra room when smoking for some turds and they make such a great snack during long cooks.  Did them again this weekend to repay a neighbor for dog sitting while on vacation.  He must have eaten 6 of them prior to the amazing dinner we grilled/smoked for him.

Here is my go to turd recipe:
Filling:
Cream cheese
Brown Sugar   (probably 1/4 cup, I never measure)
finely diced onion

Halved jalepenos, stuffed with cream cheese filling, topped with a Cheddar Lil Smokey, then wrapped in bacon.  The first few batches were with thick cuy bacon, but I have found thinner bacon is better.  With thinner bacon I don't have to use any tooth picks.  Smoke for 2 hours ant 225-250.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 10:52:04 AM »
Cream cheese, imitation crab and tony chachere's. Wrapped with hormel black label. Want to try a sweet version with raspberry preserves, or something.
Still need a 22” yellow

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
Cream cheese, imitation crab and tony chachere's. Wrapped with hormel black label. Want to try a sweet version with raspberry preserves, or something.

I like it!  There is really an unlimited amount of things you can stuff turds with!

Mine always come out very mild, with little to no heat from the jalepenos.  I think this is because I smoke them for 2 hours where a lot of other people cook them hotter and faster.  So my question to everyone else is, if you cook yours hotter and faster than I do, do they come out mild or spicy?

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 01:04:49 PM »
I'm a hot and fast guy. 30 min or so, around 350-400°. I get mixed results. I've heard "hotter the weather, hotter the pepper". I by mine at a local farmers market, and that seemed to hold true. March and April were pretty mild. July and August, hot as hell. September and October, cooled down again. I always make some with sweet peppers for the kids and my girlfriend.
Still need a 22” yellow

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »

I like it!  There is really an unlimited amount of things you can stuff turds with!

Mine always come out very mild, with little to no heat from the jalepenos.  I think this is because I smoke them for 2 hours where a lot of other people cook them hotter and faster.  So my question to everyone else is, if you cook yours hotter and faster than I do, do they come out mild or spicy?

The heat of most peppers is in the membrane and seeds , I leave as much of the membrane in tact as possible to effect maximum heat , I also ramp up my filling with plenty of cayenne and seasonings . I like to finish them with a brush of spicy BBQ sauce or a jalapeño jelly , again these can be adjusted to your heat liking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »

The heat of most peppers is in the membrane and seeds , I leave as much of the membrane in tact as possible to effect maximum heat , I also ramp up my filling with plenty of cayenne and seasonings . I like to finish them with a brush of spicy BBQ sauce or a jalapeño jelly , again these can be adjusted to your heat liking.

I have to make them fairly mild for my GF, so I take almost all of the membrane and seeds out.  I need to start making some spicier ones for me.  I was making mine without any spices as they really didn't need them, but my last 2 batches of homemade rub came out really good and I have been using that on them.  The rub is a good combo of sweet and heat.  I might have to try saucing some of them on my next batch!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
'Turd Wrapping...................
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »

I have to make them fairly mild for my GF, so I take almost all of the membrane and seeds out.  I need to start making some spicier ones for me.  I was making mine without any spices as they really didn't need them, but my last 2 batches of homemade rub came out really good and I have been using that on them.  The rub is a good combo of sweet and heat.  I might have to try saucing some of them on my next batch!

One of the best and easiest sauces IMO  is sweet baby rays raspberry BBQ sauce,  the sweet of the raspberry offsets the heat of the jalapeño nicely .  And yes make two batches  one hot and one not, for sure. thats what I do or....those bags of colored sweet peppers are also great for the tamer tastes . I've cored out mini potatoes, Brussels sprouts and I stuff them with everything and anything ...good stuff

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:09:07 PM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »
Lots of different combos with turds. I usually just use my favorite sausage and shredded cheese. I hate cream cheese  If you really want a zip add what you remove from the peppers to the mixture. Or better add it to half the peppers double the heat.  I also like cutting them in half so they they go further.

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »
Bookmarking this link: IMO should be a sticky @ top of "cooks & recipes")

BUMP
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 11:11:19 AM »
That was a good thread there. I could party with 1buckie. Funny as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 12:21:31 PM »
I can only assume that the after math pictures were before those boards were licked clean. There's still good vittles there.