Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Florida Meet Up possibility just came up  (Read 12909 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Florida Meet Up possibility just came up
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 05:05:09 AM »
Tami and I are coming, staying offsite
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 05:21:49 AM »
I will be joining as well , but will drive both days .
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 06:32:35 AM »
I値l join on Saturday.  I知 picking up stuff from both JEBIV and Chiku18, so I知 not sure how much room I値l have to bring my own kettles. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 06:52:11 AM »
Looking forward to it @Mr.CPHo do you want me to bring a grill or 10 down for you to cook on?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 07:29:13 AM »
I have a speckled offset handle SJ that I壇 be willing to trade for something on my seeking list.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 04:31:49 PM »

The FBA is having a potluck at 6pm Saturday, they are providing hamburgers and if you want to attend you bring a side or dessert.

The annual Membership Meeting with the BOD will be at 3:00pm on Saturday and followed by the awards for the competition plus Team of the Year, Judge of the Year and Hall of Fame inductees and followed by a side-dish potluck dinner at 6:00pm. FBA is providing hamburgers, buns and condiments for the potluck, so bring your best side-dish or dessert and a way to keep it warm or cold if appropriate plus your favorite liquid refreshment. Water will be provided.

I will be attending the stuff starting at 3pm which is for members, then after the meeting y'all can join in if you want for the contest awards, TOTY, HOF, then the potluck. Afterwards will likely be social/small bonfire time which everyone is welcome at.

I need to RSVP for the potluck so let me know if you're in for that and how many in the next 24 hours or so. You can grill a side or dessert, or grab something at the Publix Deli or bakery. You're welcome to use one of my smokers or grills if you want to.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 04:28:11 AM »
So just to understand - its not starting on Friday anymore ? But kick off is at 3 pm Saturday ?

Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 04:36:41 AM »
I値l arrive in the morning and have to leave in the afternoon before the potluck begins. 

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 05:50:51 AM »
So just to understand - its not starting on Friday anymore ? But kick off is at 3 pm Saturday ?

It does still start Friday. The majority of it is unstructured. Teams setting up, prepping meat, etc. Some will start cooking Friday night. It's during all of the unstructured time that we/WKC can gather at my site and hang out, look at kettles, bs...
Saturday morning I'm dealing with my 4 bbq turnins but my site will still be open as a hangout for WKC friends. I turn in chicken at 11, ribs at 12, pork at 1, brisket at 2. You guys can try my stuff after each turn in. At 3pm is the annual meeting for all FBA members, and then the rest of the schedule is open to all. Regardless my site will be open for WKC the whole time.

Bring your chairs, your refreshments for Friday and most of Saturday.

You can grill your favorites all day long if you wish. Or cook nothing and just hang out.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 06:26:22 AM »
Thanks for the info, Rub.  Sounds pretty chill.  I hope other FL members and lurkers will show up too. 

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 05:43:57 AM »
Rumor has it Plant City Mike will be there Saturday with a couple of special kettles ;)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 06:45:56 AM »
Rumor has it Plant City Mike will be there Saturday with a couple of special kettles ;)

The more the merrier

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Florida Meet Up possibility just came up
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
Special Invitation to a lurker named Gary who posted on CL a free electric starter to anyone who could use it.  He even mailed it to me for free.  That痴 just an awesome Grillfella.  Come hang out with us.
https://sarasota.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-spirit-igniter-kit/6375648029.html
I converted my SSP to electric start  thank you.[emoji106]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:09:54 PM by Mr.CPHo »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »
Very cool. Converting to electric is something I've wanted to do to mine. I know it's been done before, but with newer Performer parts, not Spirit. Take a pic sometime?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »
When will the pics start rolling in here?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM