Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Florida Meet Up possibility just came up  (Read 12836 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Florida Meet Up possibility just came up
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »
Thanks for shepherding that box for me, lads. Although I did have this FL meet up in mind when getting it to GA, I didn't realize or consider that you all might also be loading up several machines and related gear for the meet up proper. Hope it all fit OK!

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »
Well play, sounds like a great time!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2017, 05:13:48 AM »
We had a grate time, it seems as though a few grills came home to Doraville thanks to Chiku18

A true pleasure to see all these. I can't express how enjoyable it was to meet everyone.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »
Congratulations and thank you to Rub, who sent each member home with a custom wood table top and Swamp Boys Rub and Sauce.  Chiku18 made sure members received charcoal rakes and lanterns. 
I also picked up a relay package from Addicted To Smoke via JEBIV, seen here giving us a tutorial on the lanterns whilst never spilling a drop of his cocktail.  Impressive.  I’m the lucky guy who took the gray GGA home... along with yet another 18” WSM, both courtesy of ChikuThis is on top of a 22” WSM to which he alerted me earlier in the week.  Thank you... and I’m seriously running out of room!
I had an awesome time at the meetup yesterday.  But I have to say again, eating Rub’s BBQ was seriously fucking mind blowing.  I am not even kidding.  This morning, I lay awake in bed and all I could think of were his sweet sweet “money muscles”.  Yes, you read that right, gentlemen. 
I had every intention of hanging ribs today using my new gateway hanger and Cajun bandit door and compression latch.  But I couldn’t even feign an attempt at smoking ribs, not after yesterday’s epiphany.  Thankfully Chiku’s daughter caught that moment of enlightenment.  Note the juices running down my chin.
So instead of making ribs today, I apathetically took the family out for tacos, and spent the afternoon cleaning the GGA and replacing its hardware with SS.
Thanks to everyone who attended and looking forward to the next FL/SE meetup.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Haha thanks for the kind words from you and chiku. I was hoping the shot of you eating the rib would show up, great pic! It was a fun day, let's do it again.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH