Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Coleman lanterns  (Read 4083 times)

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
Coleman lanterns
« on: October 22, 2017, 07:05:03 AM »

I'm blaming you guys. I was looking for lanterns for a project and stumbled across these....

The problem will be in my next post

Thanks guys!!!

Red

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
Re: Coleman lanterns
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 07:10:00 AM »
Not all Coleman but these date from 42-early 80's

Instant collection?

Enjoy

Red

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Coleman lanterns
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 07:13:58 AM »
Damn !   I see the light (s) :-)

Are you missing almost all of the glass ?
I hope you have the glass in safe storage.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:15:56 AM by vwengguy »

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 07:27:46 AM »
Unfortunately no glass
It's all available aftermarket though

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 07:45:52 AM »
Sweat collection ! Did you get all of them in one buy ?  That’s called diving into the deep end of the pool ;-)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:55:09 AM »
That’s actually very neat. I have an old railroaders lantern my grandfather gave me . Nothing special, but cool nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 07:59:33 AM »
Yes one transaction, cheaper than buying several new ones[emoji15]

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 06:42:29 AM »
Wow that is a nice collection you have!

I have two coleman lanterns right now, a 288 which I bought new almost 20 years ago and a 1929 'slant' lantern which I picked up off ebay. I'd like to add a 228 with the wide top and maybe a red. I enjoy camping and it's great to light them up and hear that hiss they make. The other coleman item I have is a 2 burner stove I use when camping (bought the same time as my 288 lantern)

I'm taking my 4 year old to a "Lantern Walk" in a few weeks... looking forward to lighting up the lantern!

I also have a small collection of kerosene lamps/lanterns that I collected as a teenager.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:47:52 AM by james1787 »
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 04:53:40 PM »
The next time my wife questions the number of grills sprouting on the porch I'm showing her your truck's tailgate.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 07:59:19 AM »

The next time my wife questions the number of grills sprouting on the porch I'm showing her your truck's tailgate.

My wife is not very happy

Though the lanterns were extremely well bought I'll have another 250$+ tied up in globes. Though I found globes for 6$ each shipping is another 35$ when you buy 12.

Some will be displayed in the fireplace but I'm unsure of what to do with the balance. Another 15 globes will make her angrier!

Red

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 09:13:55 AM »

My wife is not very happy

Though the lanterns were extremely well bought I'll have another 250$+ tied up in globes. Though I found globes for 6$ each shipping is another 35$ when you buy 12.

Some will be displayed in the fireplace but I'm unsure of what to do with the balance. Another 15 globes will make her angrier!

Red

If they're relatively affordable, sell me one or two. Although I have no idea what kind of light they put out.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »
Wow!  That's quite a pile!  No worries about power outages.  I'm guessing some will also need new generators and/or plungers.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »
I've been keeping an eye out for an older 200A but haven't had any luck locally.  Last night I stumbled on a 202 with a green top and polished base.  I was lucky enough to grab it along with a single burner stove today.  The lantern is dated 1/61 and the stove is a 74. Looking forward to playing around with both.

Wanted: Burgundy 18"

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 01:14:30 AM »
Nice finds! Cool lamp, and I know you will love that 502 stove as much as I do. Here is a photo of mine that I found here in The Netherlands.
Clean them up and get them burning and post some photos [emoji6]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 03:20:41 AM »
Those old Coleman  lanterns and stoves remind me of our family camping trips in the 60's and 70's
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill