Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bacon, frozen waffles  (Read 759 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Bacon, frozen waffles
« on: October 21, 2017, 06:42:25 PM »
center-cut bacon, Wal-Mart brand
chocolate chip frozen waffles

I wanted a little bacon grease for my cast iron pans, so I cooked bacon. I used a small chimney of coals in char baskets, under the CI dutch oven lid. Also, I wanted to grease-up that lid better.

Turned out to be the best tasting bacon I've ever done (I don't cook a ton of bacon ... the secret is to not overcook it apparently, and go easy on the heat. Who knew?)

"Dad, the waffles taste funny!" :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:47:37 PM by addicted-to-smoke »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bacon, frozen waffles
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 06:48:22 PM »
Breakfast of champions!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 07:05:05 PM »
I don't mind telling you I gained the strength of 10 men at that moment.

True story.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 08:25:15 PM »
Frozen waffles..... brilliant.  I think I might have to give that a try .      Got to love the fact u can cook ANYTHING on a kettle !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 04:01:20 AM »
I have that same coffee cup at work.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"