Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Griddle for the Summit  (Read 1442 times)

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
Weber Griddle for the Summit
« on: October 02, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »
So I'm trying to condense the cookers in my back yard and was thinking about getting rid of my Blackstone 36 griddle and getting some griddle plates for my recent Summit S-620. It would be slightly less cooking surface (693 vs 720 sq in), but would free up a bunch of floorspace. Does anybody have a Weber griddle for their gasser, and if so how do you like it? Also if anyone has a 3rd party solution that would be good to hear about as well.

I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Griddle for the Summit
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 06:41:50 PM »
I have two I use on my Genesis 3000 - made it a flattop.  I use them without the grates. Ground the side tabs off so they sit side by side.

I also move one of them to the copper E-330, letting it sit on the flavorizer bars. Sits low to help with containing grease, and sits over the left and sear burners.

I really like mine.

Dude, relax your chicken.

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 05:44:08 AM »
I purchased a Little Griddle last year and really like it.  It's well built and easy to clean.  It's nice match for a gas grill.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:55:58 AM »
@AZRaptor - Not sure about the size on this specific one, but Firecraft has 3 different sized Weber Planchas on clearance for $50/each right now.

https://www.firecraft.com/product/weber-style-premium-cast-iron-plancha-7578
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 07:07:04 AM »
I think that would be a good one.

Dude, relax your chicken.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »
Thanks for the link Bob BQ, unfortunately the one for the Summit (7577) is out of stock and no longer sold, but now I have something to search for to see if I can find them on closeout elsewhere.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ