Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: mod help needed  (Read 6971 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: mod help needed
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 07:58:33 PM »
#3 Idea don't be so damn tall hahaha

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 09:45:17 PM »
Quit complaining and just get the longer legs for the videos. No one is going to notice or at least care and you'll be soo much more comfortable.  :)

I'm shooting video every 3 days or so - i don't want to be switching legs.

I think I'm going to try to build something myself. Scary.

Leave them on then!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 10:52:32 PM »
Do some experimentation with bricks under the legs (or wood or whatever) - to find the most comfortable height.

Then pour a little concrete pad, just an small, raised addition adjacent to your existing concrete that you can frame up and pour. You can frame up a little ramp and make it handicapped friendly. It's a pretty easy job.

Once done, you can pull up your two or three kettles that you are using and cook it up.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 06:33:01 AM »
What about using pavers to build a raised platform? Study, temporary, not messy, and you can set your height. Like this fire pit.

You can get all shapes and colors to your liking.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »
They might make a water heater drain pan that is large enough. Drill holes to add large-ish polyurethane wheels to the bottom of it. I've seen that setup for WSMs.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-32-in-I-D-Aluminum-Water-Heater-Drain-Pan-20868/206824027

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-5-in-Polyurethane-Caster-with-Brake-4120945EB/203672257

Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »
Hey Troy,
Longer legs brings the problem of axle length and legs spreading out at the leg bottom. In other words... you would need a triangle from a 26” for longer legs on a 22” ...

Yes, increasing leg length only nets a smaller corresponding grill height, but you can still achieve a meaningful height increase without tripping over what you've made. The front leg can have a curve introduced so that you don't trip over it. Doesn't matter as much if the rear wheels extend beyond the bowl diameter.

I've tackled the triangle issue two different ways. Both involve retaining the original triangle regardless of grill being worked on.

So consider: If you're already in a project where you're measuring and cutting up shower curtain rods for legs, it's not much of a challenge to drill holes into them for the triangle ... furthermore, an added benefit of (probably) not getting the hole positions 110% lined up is that the triangle will finally emerge as a legit structural component, thereby helping protect legs from wobbling and maybe also, sockets from bending from the constant lever motion of moving legs.

I like to roll my kettles. I retain the rear wheels and use a hardware store 3/8" solid aluminum rod cut to size, installed at the ends of the rear legs previously beaten flat at an angle resembling originals.

I'll post a few pics in a separate thread after a while.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 12:43:53 PM »
@Troy , how much height are you needing?  I just went out and measured one of my 22's and a 30" x 30" box by the height you'd need would be perfect... I don't think you're gonna need more than about 8" in height. Bolt a handle onto the side and it can be picked up and put "away"
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »
@Troy , how much height are you needing?  I just went out and measured one of my 22's and a 30" x 30" box by the height you'd need would be perfect... I don't think you're gonna need more than about 8" in height. Bolt a handle onto the side and it can be picked up and put "away"

That's what I'm thinking. About 6-10".

I think I'm going to find some milk crates

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
mod help needed
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 05:38:17 AM »
Switch from heels to flats. Simple enough! [emoji151]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:00:00 AM by blksabbath »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »
Maybe get some pavers and build a raised area on your patio using one or two layers of them in a somewhat triangular shape so you can just put whatever grill on it you want to use for filming.

Saw this on home depot and saw the potential for a platform that would line up with the wheels and leg of a grill.

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »
Troy,  all you really need is a adjustable height chair/stool like Paul Prudhomme.  You can slide around the studio/set with ease, snap out orders/camera angles to one of your minions, and look really professional.

SJ

PS  I finally found a fairly decent answer to the problem of the Smoke temp probe problem.  It's not elegant, but it's not in-elegant.
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 11:57:01 PM »
Troy,  all you really need is a adjustable height chair/stool like Paul Prudhomme.  You can slide around the studio/set with ease, snap out orders/camera angles to one of your minions, and look really professional.

SJ

PS  I finally found a fairly decent answer to the problem of the Smoke temp probe problem.  It's not elegant, but it's not in-elegant.

LMAO
@Craig @zavod44 @LightningBoldtz
Here we go on the Paul Prudhomme thing again

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 06:25:14 AM »
Too funny
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 11:34:52 AM »
What I want to see is @Troy doing a lit Dom Deluise
playing Paul Prudhomme!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 11:56:45 AM »
What I want to see is @Troy doing a lit Dom Deluise
playing Paul Prudhomme!