Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Warranty Process?  (Read 1211 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Weber Warranty Process?
« on: September 25, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »
So I signed up to register my grills online today with Weber. I have been meaning to do it for a while.

I wanted to ask if someone could clarify how the warranty process actually works for a claim?

In the instance of a claim, is that something that can be done over the phone with a representative/send them pictures...or do you have to take it into a dealer? It sounds like it can be done either way, but doesn't really specify which is preferred?

Thanks!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Warranty Process?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:37:29 AM »
So I signed up to register my grills online today with Weber. I have been meaning to do it for a while.

I wanted to ask if someone could clarify how the warranty process actually works for a claim?

In the instance of a claim, is that something that can be done over the phone with a representative/send them pictures...or do you have to take it into a dealer? It sounds like it can be done either way, but doesn't really specify which is preferred?

Thanks!

I've made 2 warranty claims, both with Weber customer service. Once over the phone, and the 2nd via email. In both instances I sent pictures of the damage.  I've never dealt with a dealer.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 07:46:26 AM »
I dealt with CS over the phone for the new 26r bowl.
No pictures/questions asked. It was an AT and I mentioned bad leg socket welds.
She told me there was no such thing like that. 3 days later I had a new 26r bowl at my house.
I would guess it all depends on part and CS rep you get when you call.
If something isn't right and still under warranty, I'd call.
Worst thing they could say is no.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 07:51:29 AM »
Super easy.  Call customer service, give the information to look you and your registered grills up.  Explain the issue, send pics if requested.  Wait on the confirmation email that an order has been placed for the replacement parts.  They are the pinnacle of customer service.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »
Thanks guys, that was what I was wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 03:31:33 PM »
I dealt with CS over the phone for the new 26r bowl.
No pictures/questions asked. It was an AT and I mentioned bad leg socket welds.
She told me there was no such thing like that. 3 days later I had a new 26r bowl at my house.
I would guess it all depends on part and CS rep you get when you call.
If something isn't right and still under warranty, I'd call.
Worst thing they could say is no.

Got my new bowl for my AT-code 26 about a week after FIRST registering the grill online and then emailing them with some pictures. I didn't say the welds were bad, but that the sockets were angled backwards somewhat. Because it's true.

Oddly enough, my included measurements from sockets to ash can brackets were irrelevant since they aren't all three supposed to be the same. Still, it worked.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch