Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Target Deal  (Read 2352 times)

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Target Deal
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 11:22:07 AM »
Cool mod for the bottom vent is to use a SS ash sweeper handle like the bolt idea. Too bad I don't have the handle laying around :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »
... No they don't come like this here in Europe !

I always thought the GBS grate system made more sense on the 18, as a dedicated cooker for whatever was in the center. Would really dig having that for mine.

When I got my JJ in 2013 it was my first all-new Weber I'd bought for myself. My pimpage consists of zavod44 handle, Tru-Temp thermometer in a Weber bezel, the "lid damper handle" (plastic thing on top vent), and some SS hardware below, including a bolt/nut to adjust the bottom vent, which I found nearly impossible to move otherwise if reasonably tightened.

I think I like it better than my regular size 18, although both always surprise me with what they can do.

That's some really nice improvements to get it to what you need it to be/do.  Always interesting how some of the more unusual models become the go-to cooker.

I took a peek at the SJ I had forgotten I had.  It has wooden handles.  I need to see what kinda condition it's in.

Funny thing about the ash.  I let the grill cool and then the next day or so, all the ash that was in the pan seems to have blown away.  ;D

Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
@vwengguy that 18" GBS grate is awesome! Do you possibly have a part # for it?

Me Likey!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »
Found your other post! Thanks - going to try and track one of these down [emoji106]
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 11:51:58 AM »
#66781    18" GBS grate Export !
As far as I know .. weber will not sell this item as a separate item for another year in Europe ?
They say they want to have enough for warranty replacement first 2 years as it's a new item .
Oh.. it's Europe only also :-(

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »
And so to get it now, $230 U.S. + shipping for the Kettle Plus (which looks neat, IMO) ... assuming anyone would sell that grill to a North American.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 01:45:18 PM »
Or you have to do it like I did, I bought the kettle plus and replaced both grates with standards and sold it on as new to some one that does not need the GBS.

I would love to do this for everyone in 'merica and CA but I'm afraid I would get stuck with 20-30 grills I can't sell :-(
I did the math on that plus shipping ( heavy ) and it was easy $65-$75 and hope I can sell the kettle .

When weber here will sell it as a replacement part I'll see what the cost will be and post it.