Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not sure if this is the palce to ask...  (Read 6299 times)

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: Not sure if this is the palce to ask...
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2017, 04:04:47 PM »
If your looking for something with class...you better pass.

This wood piece of junk works very well, you can practically drop it and it'll catch the lid every time, safely with no rim rash.

Im planning to build another one out of better junk when my hands are cooperating again.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 04:22:45 PM »
Hell fire that's it!  I love the idea and plan on making one that hooks on my performer because I despise the lid bale.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2017, 04:23:04 PM »
Perfect and simple.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2017, 04:26:50 PM »
I don't mind the bale in my 26 because I still have 180 degree access. I think I just hate performers. Not sure what that dinky table has to offer that a real table doesn't. This is happening now by the way [emoji3]

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 01:19:14 PM »
I'm still messing with this project.  I have everything, I've just been a bit busy.  Anyway, I have another question.  Does anyone know if the 26.75" lid bale is consistent with the NEWER 22" lid bale as far as clearance.  Meaning does the lid open as far on the 26er as it does on a 22 with the newer bale.

I'm still Undecided on the hinge.  I have a hinge from an Akorn and the Unknown hinge sitting on my desk at work but I can't get away from the thought of using a bale.

I have a new style 22" bale and we have a LOT of open top 55 gallon drum at work.  I can mount it up and check with a lid off one of the 22's, I just want to know if the clearance will be similar so I can decide if it will work to my liking (or at all)