Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Who have you converted to a Weber  (Read 1126 times)

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
Who have you converted to a Weber
« on: September 09, 2017, 11:13:53 AM »
 So my co-worker has seen my collection and some of the great cooks
And smokes I have done.. so when his gas grill died he decided to join the cub..
That was 8 months ago.. here is a picture he sent me https://www.flickr.com/gp/149237698@N03/4X78Ef
 Looks like he has it bad..  I told his wife. "This is only the start"!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Who have you converted to a Weber
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
Wait till he finds some colors other then black....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 01:50:27 PM »
The guy who told me to buy a Weber Kettle is the guy who I just gave my black 18 to. Now he's looking for a redhead [emoji6] I am telling him to join here, hopefully he will soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »
Iv not so much converted people but defiantly made them aware of the greatness that is the kettle

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 07:12:52 AM »
Little brother now has 2 kettles. One is a weathered warrior MBH. Older brother has a brick red gen 3 preformer and 18" WSM. Two ex-supervisors have caught the bug too.
Still need a 22” yellow

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 08:11:48 AM »
Really not sure if I have converted anyone to Weberhood, but I have certainly created enough great food on the kettles to do so... :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Who have you converted to a Weber
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »
I converted one of my friends many years ago. I found a black 22 curbside and dropped it off at his house. It was initially to be used to supplement his weber gas grill for more capacity at parties. It quickly became the only grill he used for about 5 years and then he bought a brand new performer. His performer looks battle hardened but is still chugging along. Probably 7 years old now.

Most all my other friends and family and wife's family have been using kettles as the primary grill as long or longer than me.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:28:36 AM by HoosierKettle »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 08:29:11 AM »
I didn't know it was called weberitis back then.

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »
I've given 3 kettles away. One to a neighbor who used to use a Weber . Two were given to previous users of Mecco charcoal grills.

The one neighbor raves about the Weber, he was still using liter fluid so I have him a new charcoal chimney last night.

Now I'm still disappointed I left a red fade 22 at a friends 10 years ago but I believe he still uses it.

Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk