Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My grail and score of a lifetime!  (Read 9886 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: My grail and score of a lifetime!
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »
I woulda traded her my car.... the cars probably worth less tho haha

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »
I woulda traded her my car.... the cars probably worth less tho haha
The car he'll how about both exwives their cars and some cash to boot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 03:22:25 PM »

Congratulations.  What a sweet find.  The condition of the porcelain, wheels and ash triangle are amazing. A true survivor and a benchmark example as to how one should be restored to. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:26:04 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »
Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
Holy Shit!!!! That is fantastic. Congrats.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 04:25:50 PM »
Wow, that's an excellent find!

We set up a meeting time for the next morning.  I was running late for my step son’s opening day high school football game or I would have already been on my way over there. I was not in too big of a hurry knowing that the kettle was hiding in her garage and not advertised.

I'm glad everything worked out and you were able to arrange a deal with the lady that both of you were happy with  so you were able to get the kettle, and you were able to get to your stepson's football game.  That'll mean a lot to him now, but more especially when he gets older.

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »
That looks awesome really nice shape congratulations, how is the inside leg sockets it looks like it spent most of its life out of the rain for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBQ to live live to BBQ

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2017, 04:39:47 PM »
Wow, that's an excellent find!

We set up a meeting time for the next morning.  I was running late for my step son’s opening day high school football game or I would have already been on my way over there. I was not in too big of a hurry knowing that the kettle was hiding in her garage and not advertised.

I'm glad everything worked out and you were able to arrange a deal with the lady that both of you were happy with  so you were able to get the kettle, and you were able to get to your stepson's football game.  That'll mean a lot to him now, but more especially when he gets older.
Hey thanks @Lightning, that makes me feel good. You know I have to admit, the thought did cross my mind to blow off that game. Very few things are more important than scoring kettles.
May The Smoke Be With You!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2017, 04:50:39 PM »
That looks awesome really nice shape congratulations, how is the inside leg sockets it looks like it spent most of its life out of the rain for sure

The inside leg sockets had very little rust and are rock solid. Speaking of rock solid, I need to post some pictures of the cooking grate.  It is incredibly thick, I've never seen anything like it.  Also, the leg socket tubes are like twice as think as new ones.
May The Smoke Be With You!

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a dream come true! That thing is awesome. Congrats, and you owe your buddy for the rest of your life!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »

The inside leg sockets had very little rust and are rock solid. Speaking of rock solid, I need to post some pictures of the cooking grate.  It is incredibly thick, I've never seen anything like it.  Also, the leg socket tubes are like twice as think as new ones.
That is great you got a real Gem there I've noticed with a few of the older kettles I've got that must of had original grates in them still the gauge of the steel rods was much thicker that was on a 65 model year kettle I bet yours is even more stout

BBQ to live live to BBQ

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
OMG...what a find. SOOOO cool you got it and huge props to your buddy. Once in a lifetime find and definitely one to be passed down. CONGRATS!!!
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2017, 05:36:11 PM »
Beautiful grill and great story, congrats! Grill that buddy of yours a great big steak dinner for making it possible.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »
Congrats!!! beauty of find. Amazing clean up pics.

KevinP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2017, 06:02:29 PM »
I am in awe. That is a gorgeous grill. Congrats and sincerely enjoy that piece of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app