Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: When old meets new  (Read 845 times)

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
When old meets new
« on: August 18, 2017, 06:13:39 AM »
First run with my rotisserie kit with a chicken on my MBH '78 Weathered Warrior.
This time with my roti I'm trying something totally different than what I normally do. 99.99% of my roti cooks are indirect and this time I figured why not try direct for a crispy skin.
15 mins in and it looks like the start of crispy !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:31:49 AM by vwengguy »

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: When old meets new
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 07:15:51 AM »
I think I need to bite the bullet and get a rotisserie. That chicken looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:02:55 AM »
Oh... get me some Kleenex ... that chicken, as small as it was , was one of the best chickens I have ever made !!! And I have made a LOT of chickens on my rotisserie !
The skin was Crispy like bacon and not burnt ( I was a scared of that ) but had a taste kind of like pork rind / bacon! Oh I have to work more with this !!
Did I say it was good ? Yeah ! Do it, try it!
Now for important stuff, I used 1 Full chimney of coals.. next time I think I will use less. I had to close 2 of the bottom vents to keep my chicken from cremation burnt . The old girl was smoking hot when I put the bird in the grill! That helped bring the temp down but still give a crispy skin. No thermometer but I'm sure it was pushing 500 when chicky went on.
Also.. easy clean up because I did not use a drip pan :-)
And chicken smoke from the drippings on the hot coals!
I guess your never to old to learn something new! Try before you die, worst you can do is ruin a chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 08:04:03 AM »
Wow amazing! I have got to find a roti.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow