Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Yard sale performer  (Read 1225 times)

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
Yard sale performer
« on: August 14, 2017, 06:30:09 PM »
I have not posted in a while, does not mean I have not been reading everything else you guys have been doing though! Our baby turned 1 year old in July so we have been busy camping and working around the house. My wife bought me this performer a couple months ago at a yard sale for $40 (I know I am a lucky guy!). It has been sitting around outside for a bit, pulling duty acting as a chimney starter. I finally decided to give her a tune up, new metal table upgrade, a quick clean up, and new grates. Here is a couple pics:

Please excuse the primer on the house, obviously the grills are more important than painting the house huh!

Cooked on it tonight and loved the convenience, I lit the charcoal baskets over the gas assist, was ready to cook in no time flat. The convenience alone is worth the cost!

Thanks for reading gents, glad I had a free second to put together a post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Yard sale performer
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »
Welcome back to the action! Congrats on the first year with the little one. I know it's cliche but they go fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 06:34:14 PM »
Looks great.
Love the Black with the steel top in gen 2.
Now you need the upgraded lid bale. #65188
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 06:49:12 PM »
Great cleanup. Time does seem to fly. Feels like only yesterday I had one 1 year old. Now I have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and 3 month old. Free time also seems to decrease.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 07:09:12 PM »
Yeah, free time does not exist, however, I would not change a thing. The joy my son has brought to our lives far out weighs any negatives. The good news about cooking as a hobby is the fact that you always have to eat! Might as well enjoy your cooking time and cook on a Weber whenever possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 07:16:26 PM »
Yep completely agree!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »
Congratulations on the big birthday for the boy! I hope he tore into that cake like a big dog!

Gen 2 black with gas assist for $40? And bought for you by the Mrs?? Holy Shit, dude! You're doing something right!!

Congratulations all around, bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 04:10:15 AM »
Congratulations all the way around!
I agree with the gas assist, total game changer

No1Agent

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 09:05:24 AM »
That's looks awesome. I as well will be upgrading to the metal table on my Gen2. Awesome score and great job cleaning it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk