Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looker meets cooker  (Read 902 times)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Looker meets cooker
« on: August 13, 2017, 02:59:21 PM »
So after my best friend dropped my ivory this last winter I knew I had to replace the bowl and lid. It was a 30th birthday present from my wife and was a bucket list kettle for me. I had the bowl and lid just sitting around because really there was no reason to replace it, I just didn't want to risk not being able to get it in the future. Well fast forward to a few days ago when another WKC member alerted me that there were some phenomenal deals on eBay. I picked up a mastertouch shipped to my door for $120. I used those parts to transplant to the ivory bowl and lid. Zav Hawaiian koa handles really set it off. This kettle will likely never be used and will sit alongside the NOS copper mist. Because I wanted it to be as accurate as possible I took the black ash pan off of the damaged kettle as well as the black triangle and gave them a cleaning. Very happy with the results. Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Looker meets cooker
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »
Looks great! The handle really stands out on the ivory!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:42:41 PM »
Very cool! Twins. I have done the same many times buying new or used kettle cheap and using parts to come up with different kettle.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 04:17:32 PM »
friggin sweeeet

I SOOOOOO want to have an inside kettle...

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 06:44:05 PM »

friggin sweeeet

I SOOOOOO want to have an inside kettle...

It ain't staying there according to her[emoji23]