Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Harbor Freight HARDY welding gloves perfect and economical for BBQ use.  (Read 2250 times)

BillA from CA

• Smokey Joe
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-pair-14-inch-split-cowhide-welding-gloves-488.html
I picked these gauntlet-length gloves up several years ago and they continue to work great.  At $9.99 for THREE pair they are an economical alternative to various mitts intended for BBQ found elsewhere. For that price you can give a pair or two away to fellow Weber fanatics and be a hero. I use mine to lift my 22" kettle off my 18" kettle when using that whacky assembly as a smoker and I have never been burned. ( I find a pair is also very handy when grabbing thorny bush cuttings after yard work.  I have never been poked through the cowhide.)....oh ya,....they also work as welding gloves.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 11:35:55 AM by BillA from CA »
Still searching for a food that does NOT taste better when grilled or smoked

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Harbor Freight HARDY welding gloves perfect for BBQ use.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Might have to try that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:53:29 PM »
Totally agree with you bud. I use welders gloves I got from Amazon. Not burning my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 09:18:08 PM »
I have used welding gloves for years, but I was cooking at a work picnic a few years ago and got this "BBQ tattoo"

Because it was work sponsored, I got workman's comp for this bad boy!

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 09:19:57 PM »
It happened just beyond the welder's glove length of what I was wearing that day.

Ceacel

• Happy Cooker
Been using welders gloves for years, im cheap, they seemed like a better deal than mitts.
Mine are as perfectly seasoned as my CI grates.
And the backs are lined with all the produce stickers I remove from the red peppers I roast.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Harbor Freight HARDY welding gloves perfect and economical for BBQ use.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 02:12:18 AM »
Thanks for this.  Great idea.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM