Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mod idea?  (Read 3938 times)

Ke2le

• Happy Cooker
Mod idea?
« on: August 02, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »
Has anyone attempted to mod the weber grill and install it with some truck parts? I've been seeing pickup truck tailgate grills like this:

I just thought can weber grills be modified like that?

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Mod idea?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »
Has anyone attempted to mod the weber grill and install it with some truck parts? I've been seeing pickup truck tailgate grills like this:

I just thought can weber grills be modified like that?
I don't see what not. I think you can buy that tow hitch swing arm by itself. a portable weber should snug right on

Himey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »
I have that Jimmy Buffet grill and repainted it to use for tailgating at Iowa Hawkeye football games. I've had a lot of people ask me about it and say they can no longer find them. I haven't searched lately but I got mine at Lowes and I think something could be fabbed up to work with a Weber.

SacramentoWeber

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 11:29:26 AM »
@Himey   Were you tailgating last season when my Badger beat the Hawkeyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Himey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »
Yes I was, sorry just saw this I’ve been to the last 5 games between the two both in IC and Madison.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 05:07:13 AM »
We have a thread here (somewhere) showing four kettles mounted on swing-out bars like that, with a table/island in the middle as the structure that ties them all together.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 05:17:23 AM »
My nephew did this on the back of his camper. Most of the pieces came from tractor supply

I didn't get a picture but the camper has a outdoor kitchen that the weber swings around to it is pretty neat setup
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 05:30:50 AM »
My nephew did this on the back of his camper. Most of the pieces came from tractor supply. ...

I didn't get a picture but the camper has a outdoor kitchen that the weber swings around to it is pretty neat setup

Oh we're definitely gonna need a parts list now. @chuck s this has your name all over it!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 02:39:05 AM »
How's he keep the lid on?
Bungee cords?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
Bungee cords?

Bungee cord for now he is working on something better
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »
That is awesome!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

N8KXH

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »
My nephew did this on the back of his camper. Most of the pieces came from tractor supply. ...

Oh we're definitely gonna need a parts list now. @chuck s this has your name all over it!

If not a parts list, maybe a name for that beefy swing out arm to search for it?
Awesome looking setup.

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
@addicted-to-smoke & @N8KXH

[/quote]

If not a parts list, maybe a name for that beefy swing out arm to search for it?
Awesome looking setup.
[/quote]

Actually been there - Done that.... only in gas (before the days when I learned the benefits of charcoal!)

This is what I had.

It's called a Freedom Grill and I think with a little research we could find the hitch hook=up.  Mine slid into a standard 2" square hole hitch.

[attachment deleted by admin]

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 06:45:50 PM »
My nephew did this on the back of his camper. Most of the pieces came from tractor supply

Now thats a cool set up. I love the lengths that people will go just to have a good meal. It's awesome
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:56:14 PM by WMT »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 04:10:47 AM »
Bungee cords?

Bungee cord for now he is working on something better

Have him look into the hinged lid they make for Weber’s and then maybe something like this... https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-horizontal-toggle-clamp-96233.html
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!