Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Your feel good story of the day - kettle karma at its best (Red Ranger)  (Read 3546 times)

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Wow! That is an amazing story! Luck is definitely on your side. Can't wait to see it cleaned up.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
Awesome story, congrats on the ranger!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
@lowbrass. OMFG!!!  Cold call n the follow up!!!  Amazing score my friend!! You will bring it to the meet up yes!?!?
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

charred

• WKC Performer
Great story and congrats on grabbing a grail!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
@Lowbrass. OMFG!!!  Cold call n the follow up!!!  Amazing score my friend!! You will bring it to the meet up yes!?!?

Absolutely!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Bertman

• WKC Brave
Your feel good story of the day - kettle karma at its best (Red Ranger)
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »
That's the best combination of stories woven together I have ever heard. I think it time to create a weber karma story book to document these cosmic events! Seriously. These stories are epic and quite moving. With the pics of these amazing piece of history...it's the WKC bible.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
That's the best combination of stories woven together I have ever heard. I think it time to create a weber karma story book to document these cosmic events! Seriously. These stories are epic and quite moving. With the pics of these amazing piece of history...it's the WKC bible.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Wow!  Thanks Bertman!  Very kind words!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
Kettle karma is real!!! Nice score...👍

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Thats the ultimate grill hunt right there.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Congrats and great story on the Ranger!  I can't wait to see that one all cleaned up.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Cellar2ful

Seems like your polite and civil persistence and the respect shown to the owner was the key here. Congratulations!
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Congrats and great story on the Ranger!  I can't wait to see that one all cleaned up.

You have no idea how much I can't wait to clean it up!  I have already started doing research into other members' restores so that I can be ready to go when I actually have time to get into this thing!  I just wish I could see the pictures on the threads!  Most have a weird photobucket message.  ???

Seems like your polite and civil persistence and the respect shown to the owner was the key here. Congratulations!

Thank you very much.  I think that the key was my letter.  It was typed and I signed the bottom. Writing the letter really let me take my time and think about what I wanted to say and how I wanted to word things.  The first time I talked to the man almost 4 years ago, I was really nervous and kind of stumbled over my words (even though I had practiced in my head about a hundred times during the walk to his house).  I don't think I presented myself in the best, most confident manner and that didn't help the initial outcome.  The letter helped me overcome those things and didn't give him a chance to dismiss me right away or make a knee-jerk decision just to get me off his porch.  I wasn't wasting his time and he had time to think about his answer.  I can share the letter if anyone wants to use it as a template.

Darko

• WKC Performer
Holy Shit!!!! That's got to be the score of the year.  Congrats, that's awesome.

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
very nice!  good one man

Darko

• WKC Performer
Holy Shit!!!! That's got to be the score of the year.  Congrats, that's awesome.
Ok, I've  thought  about this quite  seriously.  If you want to sell it I  can offer 1000x what you paid for the ranger. Think about it...you won't get an offer like that ever day. If you refuse, well then you might be stuck with that grill for years.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app