Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What is your least favorite color?  (Read 8561 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: What is your least favorite color?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2017, 06:37:10 AM »
This one took me a minute to think about. I would take a Weber in just about any color.

But I have to say:

Burgundy/Purple

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2017, 07:20:31 AM »
Any colors that even Weber won't bring back are ugly. Sales floor ugly colors that must have sat for years before being discounted so low that Weber had to pay you to take it home.
All these older colors may be considered great colors today but based on passed floor sales, maybe the main reason they don't go into production. It's easier to tell the public that the EPA won't let them spray a toxic Imperial Blue or Westerner color anymore.

Just a conspiracy theory.

This has puzzled me for years. Not with Weber until now but I've run into other situations where other companies have discontinued - not re-engineered, redesigned, not replaced - discontinued products and the stated reason has been a variation of "EPA says no."

The puzzling thing is from a pollution or occupational standpoint, a tightly controlled, closed industrial process shouldn't be an issue.  They're typically more efficient and result in higher quality end product too than a sloppy process that leaks materials into the environment.  I really wonder how much of it is companies dropping product lines and putting the blame on environmental regulators compared to a regulatory body like the EPA getting involved and asking for investments in plant emission controls etc. that companies don't want to make.

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2017, 08:06:38 AM »
It comes down to cost. We all know that the primary colors (Red, Yellow & Blue) are more expensive colors due to more pigment involved to produce these colors. They should just cost more, not be any more toxic than the standard porcelain colors that are being produced today.

But the average Joe can easily be convinced and will buy that "EPA doesn't allow us BS" song.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2017, 08:21:17 AM »
Black is boring... unless its faded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »
Homer yellow.
May The Smoke Be With You!

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2017, 09:17:27 AM »
To answer the question, I'd say white and some of the Cados, depending on the mist band. The new flat colors don't appeal to me.

That said, it is less the color than other things, such as the hideous taco handle (which ruins any grill it's on from my POV), post-Gen 2 Performer wheels and frames, and non-wooden handles, with white being the worst.

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

eLLWOODgGLEN

• WKC Brave
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »
Coppertone, plainsman and gray....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:04:31 PM by eLLWOODgGLEN »

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2017, 02:01:14 PM »

So much hate for the Cado.
I may have to cook on this one at the meetup.😉
I hope the food tastes ok coming out of it.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2017, 08:10:19 PM »

So much hate for the Cado.
I may have to cook on this one at the meetup.😉
I hope the food tastes ok coming out of it.

Food will taste just as good. I just happen to not like the color. Doesn't make me right, or wrong. I had sworn off black kettles, till I found The One.

Nice wheels!!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:12:28 PM by TheDude »
Still need a 22” yellow

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
Here are the Totals:

GREEN – 10
AVOCADO - 8
COPPER – 6
BLACK – 4
HOMER YELLOW - 4
BROWN - 3
PLUM – 2
LIME -1
BURGUNDY – 1
SAGE OFFSET SJ  - 1
SLATE BLUE – 1
IVORY - 1

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2017, 08:46:25 PM »
I don't have a least favorite, but black doesn't get me as excited as other colors. Probably because I don't see many colors in my area but see a lot of black kettles.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2017, 09:44:59 AM »
Black for me.  Love the variety of answers though.  I personally love the greens, but it is interesting how many others do not!  I completely agree with @MikeRocksTheRed about the handles.  They can really transform the appearence of any grill.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:48:16 AM by Lowbrass »
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 09:49:28 AM »
The new slate blue !  It's a flat finish with almost no shine to it.  Like forgetting to put the clear coat on a new car paint job... it's just not cool.

I couldn't agree more, I was one of those guys who took chance and ordered one of these from Canada. I bought the Slate because of the Weber ad photo that showed it in gloss. It looked beautiful — in the photo, in real life — not so much.  I love the features on the Mastertouch, but it's just blah. Should have got the spring green, or white one.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »
Black. I'm tired of black kettles.

And I love the taco... it WORKS!!! It's not about looks, it's about functionality! Get yer fucking heads out of yer asses and look at what it does! I own 3 "Tacos" and love them! Just sayin'...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 11:06:42 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2017, 05:34:56 PM »
I don't have a least favorite, but black doesn't get me as excited as other colors. Probably because I don't see many colors in my area but see a lot of black kettles.

I am almost the same. Black gets the vote only due to how common they are here compare to any other color kettles. But I do love my blacks. I scored 4 black kettles in a row not too long ago. 26",  Euro otk, otp, and 3 wheeler 18"s.

I love them all but the Greens are my favorite as my user name suggest. I scored one more green this week.

Few of my Green pic from last year. I got lot more Green now. Just don't have pic of them all.