Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Great Customer Service from Weber  (Read 771 times)

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Great Customer Service from Weber
« on: June 15, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »
I have a 22" Spring Green MT I brought back from Amsterdam in '15. A few weeks ago I noticed a dime size piece of porcelain had popped off the bowl.

I contacted their CS but wasn't confident they would be up for replacing it since it's not from here and not a US color. I was wrong. I really appreciate good CS. It's not so common anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:04:42 PM »
That's nice they replaced it. Do you bank your coals directly on the kettle walls?  I've heard that can cause that although I've not experienced it myself on my most used black kettles. I've read on here that colored kettles are more prone to porcelain popping.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »
Weber customer service is the best I've ever experienced. Period.

#weberkettlesforlife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: Great Customer Service from Weber
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 07:19:51 PM »
Do you bank your coals directly on the kettle walls?  I've heard that can cause that although I've not experienced it myself on my most used black kettles. I've read on here that colored kettles are more prone to porcelain popping.
Yes I sure did. Mostly lump which is even hotter. I learned the same thing here and don't bank like that anymore. Baskets from now on. Lesson learned.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH