Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is the Weber performer deluxe worth $175? If in good condition.?  (Read 13439 times)

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
Re: Is the Weber performer deluxe worth $175? If in good condition.?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 05:40:14 PM »

@Joetee that is the deluxe model with gas assist, see the lighting instructions on the grey flip up panel. The blue is a great color. It looks to be in pretty good shape. I would go for it at that price. Great grill. First two upgrades- 1) new style lid bale + rollers. 2) new style black metal table. Done and Done. Good luck-
Hey Jordanw, where can I find info on those mods you mentioned?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
First step register the grill with Weber. Then order the parts as you want / NEED them.
Gen 2 but yours will look pretty much the same. Black table. Wider lid rollers. I didn't need to update my charcoal bin chain, but just take a look at it. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Does it matter if the grill is used when i register it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
That's a great question. I think it's fine. But I actually never have registered a used grill.... someone for sure will chime in on this. I know Weber will still sell you parts though. I lost a lid on the freeway from a CL pick up performer and they sent me one no prob.

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 06:25:28 PM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:02:34 AM by mdb240 »

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 06:26:52 PM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:02:21 AM by mdb240 »

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 02:24:08 AM »
Not so sure about the warranty falling to the first to register, and I suggest being up front about not being the purchaser when registering the grill. (You don't think they've heard this scam before?) I find it odd that for a club professing to love a particular brand and using the word Respect in our motto that some would make an effort to rip them off. Plenty of us have been sent parts FOC even if we have been honest about how the grill came to us. Try that with ANY other brand out there. Try getting ANY original parts for a 20 or 30 year old product from any other company. Warranty or not.  "Hey Apple, I have a Mac IIc and the mother board is toast. Send me a new one free please. Oh, sorry, I forgot to register it in 1984, my bad."
Retired

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 06:02:06 AM »
My 2011 Genesis needed something replaced under warranty last year so I just happen to know the policy as I read about it and was advised of it on my phone call.  They wanted to know the serial number off of my genesis and asked if I was the original purchaser ( I was ) but didn't register it until I called in for the claim.  I didn't occur to me to register a product like that.. I usually just ignore those postcards, as I am sure most do.

Not trying to scam anything but again, was advised that the warranty goes to the purchaser not the next owner if you were given one etc...  Not sure what the point is of registering a grill that you obtained later down the line if the warranty doesn't apply to you unless you are trying to get the (scam)warranty.  Wouldn't Weber know that a grill was registered twice ( at least the more recent ones with serial #'s ) ?  It came out wrong so I will modify the original messages as I can't seem to figure out where the delete button is.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Is the Weber performer deluxe worth $175? If in good condition.?
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 06:10:05 AM »
@SmokinPerformer where did you get the warming rack. I need to get one. Is it made by Weber?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 06:13:38 AM »
I registered a few grills that I obtained second hand, but it was strictly to make purchasing parts easier if/when I need them. From my reading on here, it sounds like it's an easier process if you have a registered grill. I haven't purchased anything yet but I was planning on buying the metal table at some point and when I do, I plan on calling or emailing the customer service and telling them I'm the second owner and that I need a price. The registering part of the deal makes it easier for them to identify my type of grill and ensure I get the right parts. This is all in theory at this point since I haven't purchased parts yet but I can only assume it will make it easier. I do have a couple grills registered that purchased new as well.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 06:26:59 AM »
I'm testing my theory now. I sent an email to customer service and told them I have a registered second hand grill that I would like to purchase a metal table for.

By having already created a weber ID I assume that customer service will be able to see which grills I have on their end thus making it easier.  We'll see I guess.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:28:55 AM by HoosierKettle »

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 07:31:42 AM »
Having the grills in their system also shows how big a fan you are, and that often translates into better deals, and even freebies once in a while. You'll see.
Retired

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »
I have something like 20+ grills registered at Weber.  When dealing with gassers, you almost have to give them a serial number to get parts.  I've given them the serial and they are the ones who registered them to my account.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2017, 08:01:38 AM »
And yes, I've had CSR's punch the SN in, tell me that the grill hasn't been registered before and then sent parts to me under warranty, knowing full well that I bought it off of Craigslist.   

It could very well be that while the printed policy is that warranty only goes to original owner, that Weber recognizes the first to register as the original owner.   That, or maybe it just depends on the CSR.

If they do send parts under warranty, I don't argue about it, I just say thank you.  If they say that it's not under warranty, I don't cry about it, I just go ahead and just order the parts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:04:43 AM by demosthenes9 »

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2017, 08:25:50 AM »
Here is a picture of the warming rack when I first purchased it. Original kettle was black.

Yes it's made by Weber for a 22.5" kettle. I'll post the part number that was on the box later this evening.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:28:44 AM by Smokin Performer »

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2017, 04:23:33 PM »
Having the grills in their system also shows how big a fan you are, and that often translates into better deals, and even freebies once in a while. You'll see.
I just spoke with customer service at Weber. I asked about the metal table upgrade for my 2008 Crate & Barrel performer. I let the CSR know that I bought the grill used and that the table was damaged and was willing to pay for a new one. She offered to register the grill. But because my sticker on the back of the frame is so faded I can't read it she would not register it. I asked what the price would be if I was to purchase this table top out right and was told $73 plus tax and shipping. I was never asked my name or how many grills I have registered. Asked about getting a break on the table and was told I probably would not get more than 10% off and was quoted prices from other replacement sources by the Weber CSR. Eraplacements sell it for this, this other place sells it for this $.
Try again later I guess.😔
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »
   With my two performers I made sure to ask the previous owners if they registered these grills, when I registered them weber knew automatically that these were C&B so that tells me the placement of certain numbers within the serial number is key.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2017, 04:57:35 PM »
Probably what I paid for mine, and no regrets. The steel table is such a nice upgrade, it's worth it. Having said that, it's about time we start seeing more metal table Performers showing up on CL. They've been out in the wild long enough to get dirty, and we all know why most grills end up on CL.
Retired